Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: roseys clear and pro tec powder

Post Thanks / Like

Default roseys clear and pro tec powder

I have some 2 oz jars of pro tec powder paint.I want to cut it 50 to 50 with Roseys 200% glass clear.Plus I want to use the clear for a top coat.Has anyone had any problems with it.What would be a good bake time and temp setting.

Post Thanks / Like

If you mix it 50/50 you shouldn't have to worry about a top coat, unless you want to use it for a glitter coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    If you mix it 50/50 you shouldn't have to worry about a top coat, unless you want to use it for a glitter coat.
    X2

Fatman knows what he is talking about on this stuff. I have gotten a ton of good advice from him.

Bobo

Post Thanks / Like

I cut all my powder at least 1to1 with clear with nothing but good results. I bake everything at about 325-350 for 20 min. They come out Rock hard.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, was looking at their clears last night. Which one is the best for mixing. Seems they have 3-4 different ones.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, the best is The Glass Clear Powder Coating 200% Gloss Low-E but they are currently out of stock. If you want to pay the price, the Clear Starburst 200% Gloss is good but again, IMHO, not any better than the Glass Clear. The first clear I got from Rosey's was the Clear Coat High Gloss 100%. It's good but not quite as fluid as the 200% gloss clears. If they don't restock the Glass Clear the 100% is just fine.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks PePop. That's what I was looking for. I'll trust your HO with the work you do.

Likes Bobo Greybeard LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pepop View Post
    IMHO, the best is The Glass Clear Powder Coating 200% Gloss Low-E but they are currently out of stock. If you want to pay the price, the Clear Starburst 200% Gloss is good but again, IMHO, not any better than the Glass Clear. The first clear I got from Rosey's was the Clear Coat High Gloss 100%. It's good but not quite as fluid as the 200% gloss clears. If they don't restock the Glass Clear the 100% is just fine.
    Checked this morning and said it was back in stock. Got me a lb ordered. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Cray, I'm sorry but I forgot to tell you how you might get a break on shipping. What did they charge you? Did you just get the 1 #? They did have a reduced shipping code for up to 5# (SHIP550). I don't know if it expired at the end of the year or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Got the Glass Clear 200% Gloss Low E. 5.65 on shipping. No need to Appoligize. Should have checked. Just got excited when I saw they had it LoL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast