Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buggs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buggs

Hey guys I'm looking for a little help planning a trip in early spring to Buggs. I'm looking for a place to stay possibly 3/4 nights either on the lake or close drive. Not exactly sure what area of the lake I plan to fish. I fished it one weekend several years ago. I stayed in motel in Clarksville. I launched at a couple different places but did the best in beaver creek. I would prefer a house/cabin but it doesn't have to be fancy. Just need need access to power for charging up batteries and such. If anyone has any recommendations on a fisherman-friendly place to stay that wont break the bank let me know. Thanks, Daniel

Post Thanks / Like

You going alone Daniel?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Good Stuff View Post
    You going alone Daniel?
    No, I'm taking a friend. We have been talking about taking a trip up there for a while, gonna try to make it happen this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Chuck and I have been talking about doing the same thing. Maybe we can plan a trip together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie_dan View Post
    No, I'm taking a friend. We have been talking about taking a trip up there for a while, gonna try to make it happen this year.
    Be careful, Dan. I had a friend who went on a deer hunting trip. His wife packed his bag. When he got home, he complained that she forgot to pack his socks. She grabbed his gun case and opened it to show where she packed the socks.... She got the trailer in the divorce.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good Michael. I'm still not 100 percent sure what dates I'd be going but sometime mid March. I will stay in touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan, The wife and I stay at Buggs several times thru the year. My favorite place are the Cabins at the State Park Occoneechee there in Clarksville. Very reasonable 1,2 3 br and nice accommodations. They may be reserved already as they go fast in the spring. Also we like the efficiencies at the Lake motel ( the green duplex behind motel ) . They book quick for spring also. I suggest making a reservation asap. The upper lake creeks should be good at that time Buffalo, Bluestone, Sandy..good luck. FB
    " If you are lucky enough to be fishing, you are lucky enough"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks FB. I thought about staying at Occoneechee. Do you keep your boat tied off at the park or do you normally trailer to the ramp closest to where you are fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Dan , I always keep my boat on the trailer and go to whatever ramp we intend to fish. You get a free ramp pass when staying at the park that can only be used at the park. I just booked the lodge for early March this year . Have an annual trip with about 10 of us. Some large crappie are always caught at that time period. Bluestone Creek was hot last year giving up multiple 3 lb fish. Caught my personal best 3.5 lb there last year. Help you anyway I can. FB
    " If you are lucky enough to be fishing, you are lucky enough"

Post Thanks / Like

"3.5lb"......Can't pull that out of Hyco!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast