Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: making our forum better

Post Thanks / Like

Default making our forum better

I love this forum and have been shown and taught a lot since I joined I am concerned about the lack of participation. I usually check this forum a couple of times a day and see threads that were read 800, 900 or more times with 8 or 10 responces. I know we can't know everything, however I feel we are missing out on the knowledge that others are reluctant to share. I read the electronics forum . Believe me when I say my knowledge is limited. You have to be willing to share,sometimes be wrong,and sometimes be humble. This is a great forum for crappie fishermen. We can all learn together. In order to do this we need people that will join,share knowledge and post to help fellow fisherman.... Thanks....crappie1133

Post Thanks / Like

Feedback from a new member. I am new to crappie fishing, caught my first one in July. I have fished all my life, mostly trout, and salt water in the South. I end to be all in when I like something, and love to eat what I catch. I met Depet on my home lake, and he turned me on to the website. I have learned volumes on here, I was a novice and still just starting to learn. I haven't had a chance to attend a group event, but I am really looking forward to going the next time. The value to helping someone enjoy a passion by sharing what most members are willing to share should not be taken lightly.
    THANK YOU, crappie.com members
    Likes RetiredRR LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed things have changed, not what it used to be, no one is posting reports like they used to,I hadn't been crappie fishing the last few months, so I hadn't had anything to post. I check the site everyday, really like reading the reports, they are way down, on the NC page anyway.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The site does seem to take a small dip in activity, especially during this part of the year.

You can't really judge how much information is being passed along, or just consumed, by the number of hits a post or thread has vs how many people respond. Normally speaking, the volume of people "looking" at the site, at any one time, is mostly made up of "guests". Now, some of those may be members that are not logged on at that time ... but, a lot of them are just curious people, lurkers, and possibly even the same person coming back time & again to check on that thread.

There is, also, a reluctance on the part of some members to divulge a whole lot of information about where/when/how they were fishing. Some of that is due in part to the fact that there are so many non-members viewing the site's forums, just to glean that information. Some state forums have even taken the step of having a password protected sub-forum, specifically designed to keep this information among the participating members and away from the view of the general public.

This site is HUGE ... and not all members participate in all the forums, whether that be reading, posting, or replying. Do you realize there are 67 different forums, and nearly 50 sub-forums ... and that's not taking into account the Main Page content !!

Trust me ... when someone wants to know something, share something, or simply discuss something ... it's going to "looked at" by a much greater number of people than the number of people that are going to "respond". That's just the way things are, and in no way does it mean that information isn't being passed along.

... cp

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie1133 View Post
    I love this forum and have been shown and taught a lot since I joined I am concerned about the lack of participation. I usually check this forum a couple of times a day and see threads that were read 800, 900 or more times with 8 or 10 responces. I know we can't know everything, however I feel we are missing out on the knowledge that others are reluctant to share. I read the electronics forum . Believe me when I say my knowledge is limited. You have to be willing to share,sometimes be wrong,and sometimes be humble. This is a great forum for crappie fishermen. We can all learn together. In order to do this we need people that will join,share knowledge and post to help fellow fisherman.... Thanks....crappie1133
    Well said. I look forward to reading your contributions.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes chucktx LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    Well said. I look forward to reading your contributions.
    Thanks Ship for the kind words. I also love reading your post. I have never felt like the fish belonged to me . They belong to and were put here by God. I was just lucky enough to find and catch a few.I only clean them occasionaly, mostly give them to people who can't or don't fish. I have no problem telling anyone where I caught them and what they were biting.I have caught my share over the years...... I just love to go.... Thanks again for the nice words.....crappie1133
    Likes shipahoy41, Scrapper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I love to read posts about how different folks catch their fish, and how they located them in particular. However, I totally understand the reluctance to tell WHERE they are catching them. There's just so many people fishing now rather than doing other sports due to all the posted private land, that it's almost scary to post the where. Either way, I wish there were more posts with the WHERE left out but the HOW put in. I've learned a lot from the forum in the couple of years I've been on it, and lots of folks are willing to help and try to share info if possible. Thanks to all who do participate....
    JMO,
    JBJ

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

deer season ends JAN 31 , then the Mississippi folks will perk up for sure .
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Folks will get back to posting more ....right now its deer season, and duck season. Also for some that do not hunt the weather is too miserable for them to fish right now. All the fishing sites get slow this time of year.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes SeaRay, wannabe fisherman, dfar LIKED above post

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been out in over a month. Yea, I know I'm slipping. Dang work & weather sure are hurting my time on the water. Still lots of good reading on the site though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast