Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gps coordinates

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gps coordinates

I have a humminbird 597 ci hd di. And I am trying to manually input gps coordinates off of the DNR web site. I have tried every converson tool on the web but nothing seams to be working. Here is an example of one of the gps coordinates. N33-14'-23.21" W80-01'-29.71" Can anyone help with this?
    A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Unless u fish for a living

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the 597 and never could figure out how to upload coordinates. Ill be interested to see what I was doing wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

This will convert your coordinates to something H/B can use. http://www.earthpoint.us/convert.aspx Use the conversion with the first 2 numbers, followed by the decimal point and 7 more digits. Like this, 33.2397806° Humminbird will only allow 5 places after the decimal point, so you will have to drop the last 2 numbers. So your entry should look like this, 33.23978° Are you using Humminbird PC to enter the coordinates? If so, use "edit", "preferences", "position format" to get the format like this 33.23978°

Post Thanks / Like

Just tried it does not work. The coordinates that I gave above do not even look like any of the formats that i'm seeing online. I even know how to go into my humminbird unit and change the format around but nothing can someone please plug these coordinates in and tell me what comes out. I have been working on this off and on for about a year now

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I first tried it with my Garmin Mapsource, it did the conversion, it also dropped the last 2 digits. I put your coordinates into earthpoint again and came up with the same results. N33.2397806 + W80.0249194. Name:  lake moultry 001.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  32.1 KBHere's a picture of what showed up on my computer screen with Garmin mapsource. The coordinates are on the bottom. I was off 1 digit on the coordinates when I used my cursor to place the waypoint. The dot with the description "fish attractor" is Garmin's, not mine. The flag with "Lake Moultrie", I put there as a waypoint.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

http://boulter.com/gps/

This site coverts coordinates
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    http://boulter.com/gps/

This site coverts coordinates
    Using that site, with Bean's coordinates,it put me in the Mediterranean Sea! Not sure where he wants to be, but my conversion put him very close to a fish attractor that Garmin has located on Lake Moultrie .

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Using that site, with Bean's coordinates,it put me in the Mediterranean Sea! Not sure where he wants to be, but my conversion put him very close to a fish attractor that Garmin has located on Lake Moultrie .
    I dropped last 2 digits from the website over at the DNR and it worked. Otherwise it shows 1/2 way around the globe ! http://boulter.com/gps/ will work.. Here in Arkansas the COE uses digital and we have to convert or change gps settings to use that.

N33 degrees 18' 24.30' w79 degrees 58' 36.01''

Just punch in n33 18 24 w79 58 36 and convert, it will give coordinates in several forms for gps and show on the map.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much guys for the help will try and see what comes up

Post Thanks / Like

Bean2302,
    If you are still having problems getting this to work; e-mail me the DNR web site page address and I will take a look at possibly converting all of the waypoints for you.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast