Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For you crankbaiters

Post Thanks / Like

Default For you crankbaiters

That sometimes use your big motor,you can steer from anywhere in the boat. I just got it mounted and it works fine. Now im going to buy a wireless remote for it so theres no cord to trip over.
    Maybe i can get Cane Pole to help me hook it to GPS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSY7Ni-4NzE

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Is that your boat Wilbur

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you dont remember it

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

all I can see is the motor.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just right speed. You have a actuator disconnect don't you? You can steer that sucker with the I pilot, but you will need 2 wires from Ipilot (troll motor steering motor wires) to actuator via current boost ckt. Simple. It will also work with my GPS circuit when I finish it that is.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's nice Wilbur and I love the concept. One question, if no power is applied does the regular steering still work as normal?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Just right speed. You have a actuator disconnect don't you? You can steer that sucker with the I pilot, but you will need 2 wires from Ipilot (troll motor steering motor wires) to actuator via current boost ckt. Simple. It will also work with my GPS circuit when I finish it that is.
    Why couldnt I use the I Pilot GPS for following a track or recording one. The I Pilot wouldnt know it was connected to my actuator. Like you said connect the steer wires to my actuator. Maybe I can find a used I Pilot and mount in the back to just use for steering and recording, it would have its own remote. I will have to check with Minn Kota to see if I can just buy the circuit board. I already have an extra remote I can use.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    That's nice Wilbur and I love the concept. One question, if no power is applied does the regular steering still work as normal?
    No Cray you will have to pull a quick pin to disconnect the actuator. This way it will stay pointed the way you point it and wont move. With the wheel you would have to hold it or it would turn by itself, this is the main reason for doing this.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just wondering because of loading in the wind. That's going to be great for pulling cranks. That second Ipilot sounds like the trick.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Cane pole is alot smarter than me,( well most everyone is) but would the GPS work on this set up, because the ipilot will turn 360 where the outboard wont, so the ipilot will keep trying to turn it one direction and the motor wont turn anymore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast