Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long has crappie.com been here and...

Post Thanks / Like

Default How long has crappie.com been here and...

How many "crappie camps" or organized events have been arrange?

I know individuals do a lot of getting together, but was wandering about just crappie.com affiliated events.

Also, I know the sponsors, but what does crappie.com contribute to fishing programs (habitat, etc.) and other programs not related to fishing.

I know it is free for members, but for the time I've been reading I have seen many members get involved to raise money or dedicate to different events or occations.

Do we as members have options of support anything or are we simply contributing knowledge?
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody?
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

I guess that would be a question for Edhead...

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb I'll give you MHO ........

Quote Originally Posted by stumpbumpers
    How many "crappie camps" or organized events have been arrange?

I know individuals do a lot of getting together, but was wandering about just crappie.com affiliated events.

Also, I know the sponsors, but what does crappie.com contribute to fishing programs (habitat, etc.) and other programs not related to fishing.

I know it is free for members, but for the time I've been reading I have seen many members get involved to raise money or dedicate to different events or occations.

Do we as members have options of support anything or are we simply contributing knowledge?
    There has been ONE Crappie Camp, this past Spring ... and ONE coming up. There were 5 years of Crappie.com Tournaments, known as the Spring Fling/Fall Brawl (open) Crappie Tournaments, held on Watts Bar Lake TN ... up until their demise. (open, meaning you didn't have to be a Crappie.com member to participate)

I don't think Crappie.com is directly involved with, or financially supporting any "habitat restoration programs" .... as it is a website forum, and not a fee paying organization. But, its membership is highly involved in the building & placement of "habitat", etc.

I don't know if I'm interpreting your last question correctly, or not ... but, if you're asking if we are "open" to fund raising for "any & all causes" ... the answer is a polite "no". Occasionally, a situation arises, and is closely or loosely related to Crappie.com/its members/fishing ... and the membership responds, as it relates to them, and they respond from the heart. But, yes ... when it comes to "simply contributing knowledge" ... I think we're doing a bang-up job of that !! Spreading the passion for this sport, passing on of this heritage, supporting our Sponsors & contributing members, expressing our love and fascination with all aspects of the fish and the sport, passing on the ideals of sportsmanship & conservation of this resource, and maintaining a family friendly line of communication among a diverse population of anglers .... is a large part of what Crappie.com stands for and contributes to the membership & its guests.

If you desire a more in-depth explanation, or clarification .... then Crappiequeennc is correct, you would need to PM "edhead" and direct your inquiry to him. ....... cp

Post Thanks / Like

That was a good answer crappiepappy. I hope to be at the fall crappie camp in the morning, sharing and learning more about crappie fishing.

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh, and in answer to the question .........

in your "thread title" ......... Crappie.com was already on the web in the year 2000, when I signed on. I was the first "Moderator" of the original site, when it was one open forum. Ed could tell you exactly how "old" the site is, but I can tell you that it has been 6 years of great fun, valuable information, and invaluable friendships for me !! .......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiepappy u answered real well, i have been on this site about 2 months and i really like the site and the passing of information on crappie fishing i have learned alot here and had a lot of pleasure with the people of the site, thanks Everyone Ken

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how old it is but I know I wish I had found it 30 years ago. I have learned more little tricks and new methods in the past 4 yrs than the previous 30. You youngsters have it lucky with all of these great fishing people with boatloads of good info to share. This is a great site. I havn't a clue if anyone makes money from the site. I would not have become a guide before this site. I have also made some lasting friendships. I have also made 1 lasting enemy(oops). We have Slabfest here in Alabama/georgia that we get together for a tourney, fishfry, and 3 days of camping, eating and tellin lies. we have a great time. I hope to get out to Ark. next spring. The people that fish for CRAPPIE are some of the best in the world.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember right, Crappie.com started in 1996....So, Happy 10th anniversary, ED!!!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Question Whoa !! .... seriously, Bruce ??

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Chaser
    If I remember right, Crappie.com started in 1996....So, Happy 10th anniversary, ED!!!:D

I came on 4yrs after it started, and it only had a couple hundred members ... max, when I got here --- and now it's got well over 6 THOUSAND ?? Man ... we must be doing SOMETHING right :D

And Happy 10th Anniversary ... Crappie.com !! ......... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast