Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone use dogfood/cotton seed meal when they set out condos?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone use dogfood/cotton seed meal when they set out condos?

Do any of you use dogfood or cotton seed meal(cake) when you put out your condos? I've had mixed results and was wondering if you are better off just putting out the condo without any bait at all. I've heard that bait attracts catfish/carp/etc and maybe sometimes a few crappie. Anybody with any suggestions?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cottonseed cake

I use cottonseed cake when I bait an area. Only catch is that it only last a couple of days so you would have to fish the area within a day of setting it out. I don't use dogfood as I find it attracts more catfish than anything else.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

I had an uncle who passed away last spring who used cotton seed hulls and cotton seed meal together. He would take milk jugs, fill them with the hulls then pack in all the meal he could, punch holes in the jugs then sink them by existing strucure. He swore by this for years and said the hulls would keep it producing for months. He never would tell me where he sank them. But he could catch crappie when no one else was catching. grizzly
    Most people call them green onions, but they are really ---------?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baiting the hole

I like to use corn as the attractant. this will bring in all types of fish. Just throw a few handfuls each time you visit the spot and look out. You will however catch those other types of fish indicated. Look out for the 25lb carp on 6lb test. You will have fun for about 30 minutes.:D
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Default milo

I found a hole baited with milo one time accidently. I caught my limit of crappie and I don't know how many catfish. The crappie had baitfish in them. The catfish were much lazier. They had milo in them.
    I had 2000lbs of rice to dispose of one time here at the Port of LR. I sank the bag it was in off the dock. A couple of days later we were catching every species you could imagine. About the same thing happened. The crappie and bass had bait fish in them. The catfish had so much rice in them, it was spewing out when we brought them to the surface.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Dog food ey'? hmmm... I'll have to try that!
    Peace be the fishing!:)

Post Thanks / Like

DrPepper, that's a great story with the 2,000 pounds of rice. I bet they are still eating it LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

dr.pepper that's funny,i bet when you droped that sack in the dinner bell went off,,can you still but cotton seed cake(you know cotton seed in a 24"x24" square) i think that was the size we use to get a long time ago then we cut it into smaller square's as we need it
    slyder-man

if you cannot run with the big-dogs then

keep your pooch on the porch!!:p :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slyder-man
    dr.pepper that's funny,i bet when you droped that sack in the dinner bell went off,,can you still but cotton seed cake(you know cotton seed in a 24"x24" square) i think that was the size we use to get a long time ago then we cut it into smaller square's as we need it

Tony and Slyder-man
    I don't handel any ag products here anymore. I have no experience with cotton seed cake except I remember my grandfather telling me a story about baiting a hole one time with it. I don't know what size it comes in.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."