Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trim?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trim?

I noticed yesterday that my pump was losing it pressure and my motor would go down. It was fine last weekend when we went to the lake. I thought it could be the kids next door that was lowering it but I think it is the pump. It goes down after about 4-5 hours. What could cause this ?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the hyd. cylinders that push up the motor. I would bet one or both of them have internal leaks at the seals. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I had a real small leak in the pump seal. Took me for ever to find it. I used tranny fluid finaly so I could see where it was comeing from. My engine is a old merc 115.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

if the seals are out sometimes you can get a kit but often times it means it is time for a new cylinder or worse a new unit. hope it is not the latter.

jbd

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first got my old 83 Merc 150 I had a small leak somewhere in the hydraulics. A friend of mine suggested putting some Trans-X in it. So I did with the plans of resealing it later. That was 4-5 years ago and it hasn't leaked since. Its certainly worth a try.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I do not know alot about these units. Where do you put the fluids? I does not seem to have a major leak.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbass91
    I do not know alot about these units. Where do you put the fluids? I does not seem to have a major leak.
    Maybe thats all you need then is to add some fluid. Mine has a small resevoir under the pump. I have a large plastic screw head that is also a dip stick. Fluid can be added there.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of fluid do you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leaking cylinder in trim motor

I just had to replace the cylinder on my trim motor several weeks ago. It cost me $402 for parts and labor. It was on a 1993 60 hp Mercury. Have not had any problems since the repair.
    Ken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast