Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat Title

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Title

Paid my boat off a few months ago (my first), and received some papers from montgomery (they say UCC Financing statement Admendment). Am I suppose to do something with these? Paper doesnt say!

What do I need to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me I paid cash for my boat and not sure whether I got the title straight from the dealer or if it was suppose to be sent from somewhere. I never really thought about the title I was just so excited to get a boat. I guess I better check. I do not remember anything like you have mentioned though.

Post Thanks / Like

Looked around the Internet and I guess alabama does not have boat titles. So don't leave your boat unsecured or I'm taking it to another state and selling it.

Post Thanks / Like

If it is like most states, you should get a title with a release from the loan company. This may come from the bank that financed it or they may send it to your state titling department to issue a clean title. In any case, make sure you get one or you won't be able to sell it if you later decide to, without going back and digging all the paperwork out to get it cleared. Just a word to the wise to get it done now while it is fresh in everyone's mind.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Alabama doesn't title boats. All a seller needs is a bill of sale and the previous years registration. I sold a boat this year and bought a new one, that's all I needed both times

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all are lucky then. The reasone they title boats and now also outboard motors in SC
    is so they can make us pay personal property tax on them. On the plus side, one as old as mine they don't tax and it makes it very difficult for a thief to steal and resell it.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

The UCC was or is a way that banks/lending institutions would register their lien on the boat when you borrowed the $$ to buy it. The UCC stated that Bank xyz had a monetary interest in the boat if you did not pay them back. Since you paid it off, make sure it indicates that the UCC has paid in full, and the bank has released its lien on the boat. It needs (or used to be) recorded as a matter of public record that the UCC has been satisfied/paid in full.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.