PDA

View Full Version : Update on crappie world magazine

shipahoy41
01-06-2014, 12:14 PM
January 6, 2014

I just received this email from Brad Uhl. SnakeRiver, Slab and "G" are supposed to be in this issue. Here is the message from Brad....

RE: Crappie World

Brad Uhl (brad.uhl@freshwatermediagroup.com)

To:

shipahoy41@yahoo.com;

Date:

Monday, January 6, 2014 9:20 AM

Should be out of the printer this week. They printed over the weekend. I will get copies to you asap!

BRAD

snake River
01-06-2014, 12:23 PM
January 6, 2014

I just received this email from Brad Uhl. SnakeRiver, Slab and "G" are supposed to be in this issue. Here is the message from Brad....

RE: Crappie World

Brad Uhl (brad.uhl@freshwatermediagroup.com)

To:

shipahoy41@yahoo.com;

Date:

Monday, January 6, 2014 9:20 AM

Should be out of the printer this week. They printed over the weekend. I will get copies to you asap!

BRAD
is he going to send me a copy.

"G"
01-06-2014, 12:26 PM
He told me a long long time ago that he would send me a copy of that.........I guess we will see.

shipahoy41
01-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Email him.

"G"
01-06-2014, 12:28 PM
don't know his e-mail addy

shipahoy41
01-06-2014, 12:56 PM
don't know his e-mail addy

Look in my post.

Slab
01-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Hopefully I get a copy as I subscribed a while back. Looking forward to it.

"G"
01-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Look in my post.

Thanks Mike....I sent Brad a e-mail

shipahoy41
01-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Folks, I have absolutely nothing to do with the ownership or operations of Crappie World Magazine. I have no financial interest at stake either. I was just honored to have a few articles published in the magazine. People with questions, like I had, should email Brad directly. brad.uhl@freshwatermediagroup.com
Brad was responding to an email I sent him last week. FYI here is that email.

Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2014 6:58 AM
To: brad.uhl@freshwatermediagroup.com
Subject: Crappie World

January 4, 2014

Hey Brad,

Just wanted to touch base with you and wish you a very blessed 2014. What is the latest on Crappie World? Is it still a go? What shall I tell all the good folks on http://www.crappie.com/?

If it is not a go, then I would love to have three copies of the last magazine you were working on as a souvenier.

Mike

RetiredRR
01-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Not anything like I had anticipated as far as delivery times. I'll get one then two Bassin' Magazines then nothing for a long time. Must be hard finding something
to put in the magazine about crappies.............:dono. Oh well, got a lifetime subscription of it anyways, for whatever that means........:Rofl.

SlabSlayer77
04-05-2014, 04:47 PM
My wife purchased a lifetime subscription for me last Christmas. I have yet to receive an issue in the mail that I don't have to call request it first. That last issue was disappointing as heck. Hardly any articles about Crappie fishing. The free gift pack was mostly bass gear which is useless to me. Hope it gets better.

fishwalton
04-27-2014, 06:00 PM
I subscribed maybe six months ago and have yet to receive my first copy. I think I have been had!

deathb4disco
04-27-2014, 06:13 PM
As I type this, CDC has about 100 forums and sub-forums. I think we need to add two more:

the "I Paid for a Crappie World Subscription and Still Haven't Gotten a Magazine" forum and

the "Brad Has Had a Rough Time So Just Be Patient and You'll Get Your Mags" forum.

I am NOT volunteering to moderate either forum.

brush pile
04-27-2014, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't want that job either. I myself subscribed over a year ago and have gotten 1 magazine. I do not feel as the customer that I need to send emails checking on the product.

braduhl
04-28-2014, 08:07 AM
Hey I appreciate everyones patience. The next issue is at the printer and I am told they will be binding this week. So it should be in the mail within a week or so. As always, 1-800-554-1999 or brad.uhl@freshwatermediagroup.com or cs@freshwatermediagroup.com will get you me or customer service if you would like to check your subscriptions.

Thanks again everyone for you support!
BRAD

shipahoy41
05-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Hey Brad,

Today is May 17, 2014
April 28, 2014 you posted that the magazine was at the printers.
We have not received our magazines. Are they done and distributed? I am disappointed in you. Please rectify the situation. Your words are hollow. At this time action on your part is needed. Please mail us our magazines.

brush pile
05-17-2014, 03:05 PM
I have yet to receive one in a year and a half

Luvfatslabs
05-17-2014, 03:59 PM
:dono

C_McKinney
05-17-2014, 04:15 PM
I could have spent $150 on jigs instead of a lifetime subscription. I would like my magazines.

"G"
05-18-2014, 08:34 AM
For five months all we have heard is.......its at the printer

kickingback
05-18-2014, 11:04 AM
I called three times in the last month to find out where my first magazine is and was told twice it was at the printers and would mail out the 1st of May and the last call two weeks ago and they said they were mailing them out. Will it take another 4-8 weeks for mailing? I can mail a letter in a day or two!
I am glad now that I only paid for a one year subscription (4 magazines...hopefully but not holding my breath). I will wait for another two weeks. If I do not get at least one copy then I will cancel my subscription and get a FULL refund from Amazon with all the facts why I am cancelling in the reviews for this magazine.
I paid for my subscription in January of this year. I would have thought they could have given me the Jan issue with my subscription but they do not think people's orders through all the way to keep them coming back.
I know they have more Jan issues lying around somewhere they could send me to show they want to keep me as a customer but they have not done so nor offered me one. And if you are in here reading this and work at the magazine then you can pm me and get my info to send me something I paid for before you lose me and get bad reviews everywhere I go.
They seriously need to start doing some damage control and fix customer service before they lose all their customers and go broke.

JET4
05-18-2014, 02:31 PM
maybe the printer is out of ink

RetiredRR
05-18-2014, 03:14 PM
I would gladly take my refund check. Lots of promises, very little customer service. I have all the patience I need. Magazines are what I subscribed to, for a lifetime no less.
What say you Brad, will you honor your promise to give a full refund? I'm too far behind to ever catch up.

Tracker123
05-18-2014, 06:56 PM
That's the truth. I very rarely let someone get to the best of me. It happened though, a refund would be appreciated - no more excuses.

shipahoy41
05-19-2014, 08:43 AM
May 19, 2015

I just received an emailfrom Brad stating they were mailed last week. They mail from Vermont so the south and the west are on the way. This is my last posting on this subject.

braduhl
05-19-2014, 09:00 AM
It is printed, and it is mailed. I wish I could control the post office, but can't. I mail myself a copy, to my home I can see how long it take as well. I have not got mine either.

Some INFO that is important to know about CRAPPIE WORLD.

*It is only printed 4 times per year. It is not monthly (12), nor bi monthly (6), but ONLY Quarterly (4) per year.
*I am 1 person running this magazine with 1 employee helping. We are NOT a big publishing corporation as such imaginations run from movies you have seen. I am not rich, nor on my way to being there.
*My TOLL FREE #is still the same, which I gave in several posts. 1-800-554-1999, but I do ask you to keep in mind the above, only 2 people work here.
*My EMAIL is the same, brad.uhl@freshwatermediagroup.com and I do answer all emails as quickly as I can. Again, I am one person.
*On a recent trip with a Crappie.com advocate, I was told I might need to mention I a forum, that the best way to explain my situation with Crappie World is this: Imagine, you yourself woke up this morning, and John Doe said here is Crappie World Magazine, you make it work. I face the same obsticales you would. I am here working for you for this magazine.
*Last for this post, I URGE YOU NOT TO subscribe through a magazine agency. Some are legitimate, but most are not. IF you subscribe through a magazine service, I CAN NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY, it doesn't matter you made the check out to Crappie World, The agency cashed it, and kept it, I never got your information nor your money. If you want to deal directly with me, call and order or send in from the magazine. There are hundreds of agencies out there, and it is a great fundraiser for the girlscouts but I have NOTHING to do with them. So you ordered the magazine in FEB, I still may not have your name from them.
*More questions can be forwarded to my email!

The next issue is in the mail service as this is being typed.

Thank you, BRAD

C_McKinney
05-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Brad thanks for the reply.

Wildcatter
05-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Thank You Brad, hope to see it soon.

SlabSlayer77
06-06-2014, 05:51 PM
At the store today and saw the newest issue on the newsstand. Came home and still no magazine in my mailbox. Smh

wilbur
06-06-2014, 05:59 PM
What did W.C. Fields say, theres a sucker born every minute. Your not alone

Baxter1
06-06-2014, 08:09 PM
I had the latest issue waiting for me at the store when I went to work yesterday.The guy that brings magazines in brought it for me.I asked him awhile back if he ever runs across it at his stops he thought he saw it at a local truck stop so he saved one for me.

fishwalton
06-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Have yet to get my first subscription issue here in Florida.

C_McKinney
07-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Look what came in yesterday167131

fishwalton
07-02-2014, 11:52 AM
July 2, 2014 and still no magazine here in the FL panhandle. Sent an email a few weeks ago with a simple request to check their subscription list to make sure my name was on the list. Never got a response.

crappienow.com is a great online magazine and it's free of charge. Hard to beat as an excellent alternative.

Slab
07-02-2014, 01:08 PM
If our's just came, I'm thinking your's will be there soon. Florida mail is notoriously slow. Hang in there. Some good articles in there, lots of crappie.com stuff.

Hookedonslabs
07-05-2014, 02:54 PM
I finally got my CRAPPIE WORLD MAGAZINE! A long time coming......BUT as promised it DID come! a small magazine compared to other fishing magazines, but crappie fisherman are notorious for keeping quiet:Rofl. I have enjoyed the magazine and will read it several times. Giving credit where credit is due...Brad did come thru, hopefully delivery will continue and Thanks Brad for taking on such a task and help spreading the great world of Crappie fishing. Patience, patience, patience.......it was worth the wait! If there is ANYTHING I can do to assist you Brad with the success of this magazine, shoot me a PM. THANKS AGAIN......BRETT

fishwalton
07-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Received my copy this past Thursday.

Gansett
07-05-2014, 06:48 PM
I gave up on Crappie World some time ago. My advice is to go to Crappie NOW | Online Magazine and Crappie Fishing Resource (http://www.crappienow.com) I think you will love it. Packed full of nothing but crappie info. Best ever in my opinion. I have no affiliation with the mag, just love it. New edition each month. It's free.

NUBSTER
07-17-2014, 10:45 AM
Got mine the other day too! Neat articles. Esapecially the guy whose used the dark green/black GITZIT lures which have evaporated. Looked all over the internet as they are very appealing to me; don't know what the fish think. Let me know if anybody knows where these jigs are hanging out. Thanks