Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For all husbands and an update from me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default For all husbands and an update from me.

This is in response to losing my beautiful wife on Christmas Day. I am hoping that I have hit rock bottom and am starting my assent. I have lost somewhere around 15-20lbs. I have not been eating much and am resorting to drinking Ensure and protein drinks. It's odd how I always had a nervous stomach, I would go out on first dates and couldn't eat a thing but my first date with Debbie I ate just fine. This has rocked my world like nothing ever has. I commented on my wife's facebook page that I am searching for a direction in life but without Debbie I have none. I did run 4 miles at the ocean front last Wednesday and today I ran 4 miles at home and I went to the gym on Thursday. Where some turn to alcohol and drugs I am turning to running, lifting weights, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I am trying to make sense of this and am proud to say it has only strengthened my relationship with God. I feel that it is now my mission to spread the word to husbands to always tell their wife's that they love them, hug them, and kiss them. I leave you with a card I found that I gave my wife some years ago, this is what I wrote:

Debbie,

This past Sunday at church you leaned into me and looked up at me, I looked at you and thought how beautiful you looked. I started to get teary eyed but managed to blink rapidly so as to not show tears coming from a tough guy. You should know that this was not the first time. On numerous occasions the same has happened. It is a warming feeling to look at you lying in bed next to me, finding you so beautiful, I am a very lucky man. My attraction to you is not only physical but it sure is nice to look at my wife and think what a beautiful woman God has blessed me with. I used to look a the moon and ask God for a soul mate. The other night the moon was bright and I thanked God that he sent me you and that you were in the house besides me. I'll love you forever, George

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

A beautiful message, George. Keep doing your best and it's great that you turned in the direction you have. God bless you and your beautiful wife. My wife and I feel heartbroken for you.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

George,in the lord i have learn to love you moreeven not meeting but a couple of times ,i pray for you,i can say to you from experience that even through from our time table it will look like god is working slow but you will be seeing tid bits of god directing your future life,its slow to us but he is on time.any body can praise him while they are on the hill top but it does me good to see that in the deep valley you can still praise him. Anything i can do just let me know
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8
    Likes Cray, Idunno, Don G LIKED above post

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your inscription with us. It is incredibly lovely and loving.

Not just for husbands and wives, your advice is universal--carpe diem--live for today. Blessings come in various forms and we should enjoy each of them to the fullest when we can...and be thankful.
    Likes Idunno LIKED above post

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing that George. My heart goes out to you.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss. After reading your post, I can't help but believe that through all the darkness you have found light and a reason for living. Keep the spirit and continue to care for your body(exercise) and your soul(prayer). My son lost his wife and mother of two wonderful children to cancer and we wondered if the light would ever shine again. Now, 4 years later things have worked out and both he and the children are doing well. Just keep your faith and trust in the Lord and he will guide your way.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes slsbin, tootsieroll LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

hang in there brother and keep the faith...

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, George. I lost one once (suddenly) but still lose sight of how precious our time is. I hope peace finds you soon, and stays with you.

You will love her for ever.

Dean

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there, praying for you.....

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast