Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockton Lake in Spring?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton Lake in Spring?

I'm in the process of looking for some new water to try for my annual spring crappie vacation. Our group of 5 usually go to Truman but this year we are thinking about trying another lake. How is Stockton for spring crappie fishing? I've actually never fished Stockton and heard it can get windy. How does it compare to Truman for crappie? If it is not good, any other lakes you can suggest that has cabin rentals close by?

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of great fishing in the spring,all over. Wind can be a life taker,and that is no joke,but common sense and 15mph or less is no real problem. 20 or over a big glass boat is a good thing.turnback,big sac great in the spring.
    Little sac and the arms off of it great as long as the wind is nit north or nw.
    whe n it gets closer give another shout.i may know more

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful lake with nice crappie and you may want to give the walleye a try also. You may want to consider a guide for a day to learn the lake and up your odds for the trip, J.R. Oldham comes highly recommended. If you are looking for some great cabins look at cabins at Stockton lake, you won't be dissapointed with J.R. or the cabins.

Post Thanks / Like

Stockton is a great crappie lake. In the spring we can have high water that gets very clear on the main lake. Its not out of the norm to catch spawing fish in 8 to 20ft deep. Not a big problem just something to remember is back off and slow down. I agree with getting a hold of J.R as a very good option. If you don't want to go that route another good option is to stay around Bolivar and you can fish stockton or Pomme. Pomme can be very good also. Staying at Bolivar puts you about 15 minutes from the little sac arm of stockton and 20 minutes from Bolivar landing on pomme. Good luck.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Get a nice size bottle of Crown, talk nice and CALL BEAGLE MAN! You'll be in like Flint! Guess that showed my age!
    The fishing was so good I thought it was yesterday
    Likes arkyfisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmm! Crown! Sounds like a bribe to me Beagle!

U
    Likes arkyfisherman, beagle man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Start Turnback early!!
    Likes beagle man LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just give a shout out and im sure somebody from here would be more than happy to give out some more advise as the spring fishing gets closer.

Post Thanks / Like

Will do! Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkeller View Post
    Beautiful lake with nice crappie and you may want to give the walleye a try also. You may want to consider a guide for a day to learn the lake and up your odds for the trip, J.R. Oldham comes highly recommended. If you are looking for some great cabins look at cabins at Stockton lake, you won't be dissapointed with J.R. or the cabins.
    What resort does JR work out of? Is he connected with Happy O's resort? I didn't see any "Cabins at Stockton"- just happy O's, Orleans and Caplinger, Tenpoint, and Southwinds.
    EDIT- looks like the Stockton State Park Marina might have what we are looking for- lodging wise.
    Last edited by TwainGang; 01-07-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast