Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gps software ????way points

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gps software ????way points

I would like to find away to organizes my way points in separate folders by lake name. Does anyone know how to do this? I'm afraid I'm going to run out of my 1000 way point space this year. I always back them up on one file but when I hit 1000 I think I'm done. I use Mapcreate6 and Easygps. I'm sure there are others in the same boat.
    TIP OF THE DAY...If you use a gps back up your files..I have a friend that lost 5 years of DATA when his unit died. Not a pretty site. Thanks
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Default Save Them

Quote Originally Posted by crip47
    I would like to find away to organizes my way points in separate folders by lake name. Does anyone know how to do this? I'm afraid I'm going to run out of my 1000 way point space this year. I always back them up on one file but when I hit 1000 I think I'm done. I use Mapcreate6 and Easygps. I'm sure there are others in the same boat.
    TIP OF THE DAY...If you use a gps back up your files..I have a friend that lost 5 years of DATA when his unit died. Not a pretty site. Thanks
    By creating you a folder on your hard drive and then saving each gps file by whatever you name it. Just do a "save as" when you have your file open up on your computer that you've already downloaded from gps unit. You can save them to a CD, floppy etc. also. We have over 20 different lake files that we created over the years for the exact reason that your dealing with. There are three of us that share files together and that also backs up our files at another location other than just at home. We just simply send each file as an attachment via email.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone one else have a Mac Mini? I have one and a Garmin GPS 72 and want to save my way points too. Anyone know what else I would need and how to do it? Not real good with these puters so it has to be simple instructions.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Us geocachers use this program with little problem. It should work well for you too. There is a free use period then a small fee to keep it going.
    Good luck!

http://www.gsak.net/
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

With EasyGPS just open your file, a master copy of all your weighpoints. You can sort the records in the file by clicking on the column headers. I do this on the long or lat columns to group my coordinates by lake. Select the group or range of waypoints you "don't" want in a new file and delete them. What remains are the coordinates for that one lake. Do a "SAVE AS." Now you've got that lake in one file. Reopen your master file and do the same for all the others, now you have a file for each lake that came from the same master file.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Map Create 6.2

I also use Lowrance Map Create 6.2 and don't know how to get the data into Easy GPS. Map Create saves the file as ***.USR file or you can export it as text file. Easy GPS will not open either of these files. Is there some way these waypoints can be put in a format that Easy GPS will read? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

THATS GREAT, I know this will work with both of these progams. I've got my master file backed up, backed up, and backed up again before I get started. I call Lowrance a few days ago and they could not tell me how to do this. This will sure organize and uncomplicate things....Thanks
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all should see Big Crappie's boat. Right up front is a special compartment that contains a water proof safe that contains all his MMC & SD cards,CD's and hard drive for all those way point and lakes he's talking. He said that there are 3 of them so he must have 3 boats... Now that's technology..

HA Ha

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I download all my Matrix 87c marks on my computer thru my Humminbird PC program, then copy them to a CD for safe keep'n!:D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like everyone is pretty PC savy here. Please gentlemen, take it just "one step further". Anyone with a cd burned, grab your files and burn it to cd. DO NOT SOLELY DEPEND ON YOUR HARD DRIVE!!! I have been in IT for 6 - 7 yrs now and I see hard drives die every single day. BACK IT UP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast