Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gloves

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gloves

Any chance there is a pair of gloves anyone uses that allow you to still reel in fish, remove fish from jig etc. without being a pain or ending up a slimy mess. I've caught a lot of fish in the pass week and my fingers are shredded, plus I have a bunch of cuts from stripers. I wear gloves when cold, but i always yank them off when i get a bite because their to cumbersome. I wear my fish fingers proudly lol, but I sitting here paying bills and I cant feel the pen!
    Likes ehall LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ive got a pair of winter foot joy golf gloves. They fit your hand really tight and you have good feeling through them. I don't know if you could water proof them somewhat with the spray on stuff or not. But for not to cold weather I think they work. I have worn them duck hunting fishing and they do keep the chill off.

Post Thanks / Like

I love these I get at Sam's Club....they are not waterproof but they are somewhat thin and soft......2 pair to a pack for $20........use them for everything......working in yard, handling firewood, fishing, or just keeping warm.......

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/plainsm...pair/113105.ip
    Last edited by prefers shiners; 01-02-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: forgot link
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You might try a pair of neoprene camo gloves that waterfowl hunters use. You could wash the slim off these.

Post Thanks / Like

You should see my hands after guiding every day mid February through April. Can't do gloves, just too much of a pain getting hooked all the time.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feelay View Post
    You should see my hands after guiding every day mid February through April. Can't do gloves, just too much of a pain getting hooked all the time.
    Don't even want to think about it. Eating popcorn right now and my hands are burning. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

I hate that pain and especially the bleeding from those good days of catching. You might use some rubber gloves underneath other gloves to keep hands from getting wet. I like the open finger style gloves pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

If its not about keeping your hand warm, I just have a towel that clips to my belt loop and I grab that fish in it and it make him easier to hold and keeps from getting all the sticks and cuts.
    Likes prefers shiners LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clfarms1 View Post
    If its not about keeping your hand warm, I just have a towel that clips to my belt loop and I grab that fish in it and it make him easier to hold and keeps from getting all the sticks and cuts.
    Think I will try that

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Simms Windstopper gloves. They are half finger. Can be washed on warm and dried on low. Kinda pricy but the work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast