Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Threaded offset seat post?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Threaded offset seat post?

I'm needing a bit more space up front. Does anyone use this type of post? The drop in type I know can swing around, I'm not really wanting that I just need the extra space. Thanks Tim.....

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a bunch.

Post Thanks / Like

I use one. Front deck on my xpress is tiny. It helps but I fear that one of these days it is gonna put me in the drink. It will swivel some times when you don't expect it. Take care.
    Crappie bite twice a day. 15 minutes before I get there and 10 minutes after I leave.
    The two loudest sounds are a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and one that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can generally count on Paul's vote.

Post Thanks / Like

ive used one for a couple years on my tracker,without any problems.it does add some room up front.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The one I tried was threaded and as new. Even when I tightened it as much as possible it would loosen and swing to the side and make me real nervous. I gave it back to the guy it was borrowed from and went bac to the straight post. I recently got one of the bicycle seats on a taller post with an adjustable height handle on it and it gives me more comfort by changing the leg position, but the jury is still out on it. Don't like being mistaken for a bass guy but if it works.......
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a 6 inch off-set . mine has threads on the bottom so you can lock it with a lock washer/nut . look up the old e-z umbrella /net holder in business classified section . Mine is the 1542 War Eagle .

Post Thanks / Like

I used the 6 inch offset and it made a world of difference on the front deck of my old tracker. If you can do it, bolt the seat base down to the floor board for added stability. The offset adds a great deal of stress on just screws.