Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weiss Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weiss Report

The fishing on Weiss has been good all fall and with the water down and the temperature dropping it will get better. The last couple trips that I have had we caught the fish flat line trolling out over the river channel in 14' to 18'. I was fishing Southern Pro Grubs with a 1/16th oz. jig head at .9 mph and using several colors, blue/chart. and bubble gum/chart. worked the best. The fish are holding at 6' to 12' deep. Have not been catching a lot of throw backs unless you get in the shallow water. The cold weather will make them go deeper but they should not move very far.
    WhaleyGuideService.com * Hi-Tek Stuff * Southern Pro

Post Thanks / Like

What's the water color at Weiss compared to Logan Martin. Just wondering if bubblegum would work here.

Post Thanks / Like

Another question terry what type of line do you use long lining. I just use cheap 6lb mono, but yesterday with someone else in the boat I think some type of hi vis would have helped.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the Viscious Panfish series Hi-Viz Yellow. It doesn't seem to have as much memory as the Mr. Crappie Hi-Viz and let's you keep track of multiple lines at a glance

Post Thanks / Like

Hi-viz on everything here...
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, first let me start off by saying that this is the best crappie forum site i've seen or used. Loads of information being shared, and it is just wonderful. Next, i'm a little new to the whole crappie fishing arena...this is only my first year. when you guys speak of long lining are you using a bobber set to 8 to 10 or are you tight lining?

I was out at guntersville lake, by honeycomb area and was only able to catch 2 nice slabs at 12inches and 14inches....after that nothing. i tried every color combo i could match. I was casting out and using 10 different BG Shads combined with a 1/16 jig head or a 1/32 jig head from 6 different colors.

Get started about 9:30 and fishing until 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Scott was right, I use the 6lb Vi-Viz Viscious (the only way to go) when trolling (flat line), and clear 10lb when spider rigging or bouncing bottom. The water color that I was fishing was almost clear. I did not use bobbers just about 30' to 40' of line out and put them in the rod holder and .9 mph. Before I fish an area I use the electronics to check for schools of fish, if I don't see any I keep moving until I do. If you travel a long ways without seeing fish time to relocate. GOOD FISHING, Terry

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you buy that fishing line? Went o bps didn't see it

Post Thanks / Like

Walmart in Centre,Al. has the big spools in most weights. GOOD FISHING,Terry

Post Thanks / Like

Default weiss

Last few years weiss been kicking my but catch a bunch of small fish got me a 1198 this year and going to ad the ipilot link shortly going to fish more this year and explore more water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast