Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need a home made mold

Post Thanks / Like

Default need a home made mold

can someone here...give me a simple ideal on how to copy this donut lead ring? im using it on a float n fly cork...its internally weighted..this lead ring is the exact weight I need...any simple ideas will e welcomed...thank LB
    does not need to be perfect just a ring...the cone shape makes it a little more complex
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    A Proud member of Lake Allatoona and Lake Weiss (Team Geezer)

Post Thanks / Like

Easiest way I can think of is to use a router and cut a bunch of the holes in sheet rock then pour the lead. Here's one from a buddy who did it on a catfishing site http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65286

Post Thanks / Like

Try cutting a piece of pipe with the inside the size you want the lead to be and another piece of pipe with out side the size you want the hole to be,alumin if possible. Then get a 2x4 and drill a hole the size of the out size pipe,drill it about 1/2 inch deep to put outside pipe in but before you put pipe in ,take another bit the size of smaller pike and drill hole in center where first hole stop then put both pieces in and pour as thick as you want,make a lot of them,i think that will work and be simple,you can decide how long to cut pipe. Hope this help,make one hohe tight and the other loose to pull lead out
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be a piece of copper tubing dipped in lead. If you had to have the bevel shape then you could work on the end to make it smaller. If you could get by with a standard ring,close to the same size all the way down, then you could dip the pipe and cut it with a small tubing cutter. Just cut the lead and not the tubing. I have never tried this but it ran through my mind when I read your question so I figured I had better write it down before it went out the other side...lol...

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty simple to pour a mold and cast all you want. You have ghe hard part done, the object. Send me a pm if you want more specifics. I am not sure if its okay to post up the info.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes Bobo Greybeard LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Plaster of paris.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how to find it but, last year some time fellow posted a how to on making a jig mold out of bondo auto body filler. Might check YouTube. Was pretty simple but made a nice looking jig.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the same size that's on floats that you can buy. Say a 2 to 4 inch cigar float?

Post Thanks / Like

Rtv silicon will work