Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My limits

Post Thanks / Like

Default My limits

It's been a while since I was able to post some pics on the net so here it goes. The first set of pics are from 10/18. I caught my limit on Belleville Lake withing 2 hours. I ended up catching a beauty too :D it was a 5.5lb walleye :D :D. It was a blast and I caught it with a hand tied buck tail jig and 4# test. Here are some pics.

The next set is my limit that I got on 10/21...sadly to say it was the last time I've gone fishing. The bite was slow and it took 4.5 hours to catch the limit. Again it was on Belleville Lake.

I decided to cut the big one open and realized it was a female. Here's some caviar.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some fine looking fishy. I'm jealous,that there not on my table. Good job.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Belleville lake is a tough lake to fish.

glad to see somebody actually catching fish in there other than just carps and panfish.

if you ever out on belleville or ford lake look me up.I'm at ford quite a bit.I have no luck on either of those lakes.Well least not the luck you having.I'm guessing you have a boat?Shore fishing for me has never really produced.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually the majority of my fish come from the shore. I have a few friends that takes their boats out and if they have enough room, they'll give me a call and ask me if I want to come. Other than that, it's from the shore for me. BTW welcome to Crappie.com!
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Fishing4life Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cstyle
    Actually the majority of my fish come from the shore. I have a few friends that takes their boats out and if they have enough room, they'll give me a call and ask me if I want to come. Other than that, it's from the shore for me. BTW welcome to Crappie.com!
    You probably have some private property on the lake. As far as I know, there is very limited access to the lake. There is a park at the east end of the lake with a beautiful deck. All the fish people caught were stunted gills, cats, and occasional bass. The west side lake boat launch access, you would need to buy a pass even if you don't have a boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, I do not have private property on the lake at all. I know a few people that has apartments by the lake and I fish with them from time to time. Then you have Sandy's Marina and that area just west of Haggerty Road were walleye have been caught. And just below the Haggerty Road dam. Although it would be nice to have private property on the lake.

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

I think i'm gonna have to recheck sandy's marina this weekend...Although i've been there twice and just about everybody there tells me they have no luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I know a lot of peole use green crawlers below the dam at Sandy's and have caught some walleye. I usually fish just above the dam if I'm jig fishing...below the current is a little too strong for my presentation, unless I go further downstream. I might have to give that area a try this weekend too. If I don't get any walleye, I'm sure there might be some perch and crappie there...I just might have to get some minnows if they don't like my presentations.

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Not real sure which dam you're taking about,i usally fish right by the boating docks.

Post Thanks / Like

If you go further East past the boating docs (fishing from the shore) there's a hill you can go down and the dam is there. Of course if you're fishing in a boat, you will not be able to get down there. You might see a few cars parked at the end of the road and the hill is right there.

Corey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast