Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Of You Guys Hunt In The Winter?

Post Thanks / Like

Question How Many Of You Guys Hunt In The Winter?

How many of you guys hunt in the winter when it gets too cold to crappie fish? Well, I reckon there are some that ice fish for crappie, so it doesn't get too cold for that. But, do any of you other guys hunt much?
    I am into hunting dogs a good deal, I have Champion coon dogs, Champion beagles, and Champion squirrel dogs. In fact, I miss some Fall crappie fishing because I need to spend time with my dogs.
    I know on some of the hunting boards I post on, some of the guys talk about crappie fishing occasionally. I always give them the addy to this site. I am just curious to see if any of you guys hunt as well as fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Ohio, It never gets to cold to crappie fish. I used to hunt alot but now I fish all year round. I would rather be standing on ice then fish on open water anymore.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Tennessee and I really enjoy rabbit hunting (just for the fellowship aspect), but if I'm gonna be outdoors freezing, I'd rather be catching fish.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Arkansas some of us stop fishin for a lilttle deer huntin and duck huntin. But time we are done huntin it is the best time for crappie fishin. I am lucky that my family love to eat fish and the game that we harvest. It helps with the food bills.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I hunt alot this time of year. I usually get some fishing in too though.

Post Thanks / Like

I use to rabbit hunt alot in high school, but now i crappie fish year round. My biggest crappie are caught between Dec-Jan
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redtick
    How many of you guys hunt in the winter when it gets too cold to crappie fish? Well, I reckon there are some that ice fish for crappie, so it doesn't get too cold for that. But, do any of you other guys hunt much?
    I am into hunting dogs a good deal, I have Champion coon dogs, Champion beagles, and Champion squirrel dogs. In fact, I miss some Fall crappie fishing because I need to spend time with my dogs.
    I know on some of the hunting boards I post on, some of the guys talk about crappie fishing occasionally. I always give them the addy to this site. I am just curious to see if any of you guys hunt as well as fish?
    From deer hunting in the early fall to rabbit and squirel hunting in the early winter I am one that truly does it all.

What kind of squirel dogs do you run? I have been looking for a blood tracking dog (wirehaired daschund) but cant find one for a reasonable price. Now I am thinking about a feist for my 7 year old son that will make a squirel dog and possibly double as a tracker.

Post Thanks / Like

i used to be into bow hunting in a big way, then switched to muzzle loaders about six year ago and havent deer hunted at all in the past 3-4 years. i still love to squirrel hunt and do a lot of that with a 22 rifle.. its a whole lot less work than deer hunting. thats about all the hunting i do anymore. over the years i guess ive hunted about everything available around here except hogs. now its squirrels. best squirrel dog i ever had was a little redbone. he couldnt stand a squirrel. i took him hunting with me as a pup, knocked a squirrel out of the tree with a shotgun (). run over to pick it up, picked it up by the tail and the pup run up to it. only thing was the squirrel wasnt dead, and it put a set of choppers in the top his nose and one in under the upper lip and the teeth met together and he held on while the pup raised holy hades trying to shake it. from that day foward he hated squirrels and worked his self to death to find em for me lol... i let him shake everyone killed.. he finally went blind and i sold him to an old man who wanted to whup my *** when he found out the dog was blind.. he wanted his money back but i told him i wasnt paying good money for a blind dog.. till that old man died he never got over that. but he once sold me a ruptured pig so i was just paying him back. turn about fair play is all i can say...
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 10-24-2006 at 05:37 PM.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

West Tn. here. And yest the world stops during suck season round here for us and my dogs. But I have said that if we hit a warm spell and it aint no ducks then I am going fishing. So we will see. Nevertheless I am going fishin this wknd and we always start back fishing first part of February.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ducks

I duck hunt during the winter, but after the hurricane last year, the area I hunt is still closed. I may do a little hunting with buddies this year but hopefully it (Sabine) will be huntable by next year. Until then, I guess I will just have to get by with crappie fishing!:D
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast