Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagle inline reels?l

Takeum is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Eagle inline reels?l

Anyone fish these yet with their crappie jig pole.? I just got back from Missouri and stopped in at grizzly jig company today to pick up a new jig pole and decided on trying one of eagles new inline reels,,,,man does that reel fit nicely with the Todd Huckabee MH dipping rod I picked up..... Looks and feel so nicely balanced and man what a nice reel to fit that rear reels rod setup,,,, can't say enough good thing bout the boys at grizzled jig company,,,, Once again they set me up with another outstanding setup,,,can't wait to start fishing now,,,
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders
    Avery outdoors superstore
    Likes OsoFishy, roundman1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I just received mine after seeing it being used on one of the fishing shows on tv and thought I'd give it a try. Mine is also going on my Huckabee rod. How do you like it and what line did you use if you don't mind me asking?
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

show me a picture.. I ask the same question of grizzly jigs and they didn't reply???

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep......post a picture of that reel please
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket rich View Post
    show me a picture.. I ask the same question of grizzly jigs and they didn't reply???
    $35
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407243829.864279.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  25.8 KB

$60
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407243849.792481.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  27.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Prices MAY be backwards

Takeum is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually they are correct, but Grizz sells them cheaper,,,, I Know the carbon look is cheaper and the aluminum sells for more,,,, I bought my red one for more like 49... Not bad reels for the money,,, I just didn't cAre for he drag, it didn't hold when I'd set it,,,,I could foresee a lot of tangles if I used it,,, so it sits now as backup equipment,,,lol
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders
    Avery outdoors superstore

Post Thanks / Like

After playing with mine in the back yard, I THINK I have the drag set to my liking. It did take a little bit to figure out the button that helps control the spool and get it tightened down and then adjust the drag but I think I got it. I'll know Thursday! BTW, I have the carbon looking one and paid 26. on Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I need to work on the button that controls the spool to see if it can be adjusted a little tighter. All in all though, I liked the reel and it wasn't near as difficult as I was expecting controlling the spool when dropping baits and moving the line with my finger when I would reel it in. Yes, I was conscious of all this as it was my first time with the reel but I really kind of liked it and look forward to getting used to it to where I don't have to be as conscious of everything............just fish. I'm seriously considering getting another one! I kind of like the red! I may go that route this time.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 of them I use for winter fishing I like them a lot freespool is pretty smooth. Just remember to turn it to it clicks if not you set the hook and you got a big mess on your'e hands I found out the hard way overall goodreels don let peoples reviews stop you try them out for you're self!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast