Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Waypoint transfer question

Post Thanks / Like

Question Waypoint transfer question

Had a 997 and bought a 998 --the 997 had a bunch of waypoints on it i would like to have. Is there a way to transfer waypoints from one unit to another? And if those waypoints are transferred from one unit to another are they lost on the unit they were first marked on? Thanks. Knappy
    Get the net!

Post Thanks / Like

Knappy,
    Yes, there is a way to transfer the waypoints from your 997 unit to your new 998 unit. Just use an SD memory card to do so. Export the waypoints from the 997 unit and the 998 will load them when you install the memory card. Depending on what software version each unit has will determine where the menus for these are.

To export the waypoints with:
    Older software: MENU>MENU>Nav menu tab> Export All Nav Data menu.
    Newer software: MENU>MENU>Nav menu tab>Waypoints, Routes, Tracks menu>Options>Select All and…>Export.

Install the memory card into your 998 unit after it is running and it should ask you if you want to load the waypoints. If this does not work try installing the memory card before you start the 998 unit up (again this is due to which software version it has).

When you export the waypoints from a unit you are only making a copy of them. They are still in the 997 unit. So if you are selling that unit you may want to perform a Delete All Nav Data before parting with it.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Greg. That did the trick and easy as pie.
    Get the net!