Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: They ALL Like My Bamboo Crappie Condos

Post Thanks / Like

Default They ALL Like My Bamboo Crappie Condos

Today I decided to go check on the bamboo crappie condos we've been sinking in Hamilton. The pressure is still high but has been falling since yesterday so even though it was in the middle of a very clear, bright day I figured I could get a bite or two.

I caught a couple nice bream, four green carp and 7 good crappie in a couple hours. Had a couple more real nice crappie come to the top to say howdy before they rolled over and said adios. I released the bream and the bass but the 7 crappie I kept were 11 to 12-inchers so it was a good mess to fry up for dinner.

They were 15 to 18-feet deep and pretty tight to the new bamboo. Caught some on Rosy Reds, some on Shiners and had several, including one of the larger bass, pop a jig tipped with a small Rosy Red.

The surface temps are in the low 50s and the water has cleared up after being a bit dingy from the recent 5-foot draw-down and heavy rains/run-off.

We’ve put 11 of the “bamboo in a bucket of concrete” condos in Hamilton and may put some more in Greeson. There is a huge patch of bamboo near the boat ramp I use there so we won’t have to haul the bamboo very far.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default More Later

Hey Jerry:

You going to do more after the first of the year? If so, I want to come down and help. My trip to Lake Charles this last weekend reaped a few large pieces of PVC scraps with a cap on one end. They would probably make for a descent base for some cover.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

You're killing me with all these reports of sucessful catches. Hopefully will let you know a date for PINTPP & I to come down.

Leave a couple of thsoe crappie for us....LOL
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Darryl:

Oh, yes, we'll be doing some more through the winter. Need to refresh a bunch of brushpiles on Greeson. If we get some half-way decent weather towards the end of January or first of February I might even camp out there a weekend or two and work and fish. You and Levi can come join us and we'll have a good ole time.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Barry:

I'm just getting samples now - saving all the gooduns for when you guys are here. I booked the 12th this evening so.........
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default camping

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Darryl:

Oh, yes, we'll be doing some more through the winter. Need to refresh a bunch of brushpiles on Greeson. If we get some half-way decent weather towards the end of January or first of February I might even camp out there a weekend or two and work and fish. You and Levi can come join us and we'll have a good ole time.
    That sounds perfect. Let me know which weekend. I can pull the popup down. That way I'll have it there for spring break. Whatever, we'll figure it out. And, you're right, Levi needs to come down and get outside a bit. He's been doing playstation way too much lately.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]