Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rod racks and bait storage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod racks and bait storage

I was wanting a type of rod storage in my garage as well as a bait storage. There were a few things I wanted with this. I wanted something that was not permanent that could be moved if needed. I wanted something that I did not have to mount to my wall but it would be up next to the wall and out of the way to save room and look neat. Something that looked as if it might be wall mounted. Something that kept my rods organized and easily accessible. I wanted something to hang my different bait and lure packages from so I could easily see what I had and what I needed to restock on without opening a bunch of boxes all the time. I have at least one of each items on the rack in my tackle box and these are extras. I will continue adding until I fill up most of the space. Then as I run out on the rack I know it will be replacement time. I am no wood worker or anything, and I only own a couple of tools. I feel like I did a pretty good job with these just by coming up with an idea in my head and making it work. They turned out great and were exactly what I wanted and can be easily moved around. I have two horizontal 10 rod holders and one vertical 6 rod holder.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea.....you did a good job.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are you going to put the long crappie poles ?
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

G the horizontal ones are 10, 11, and 12 footers. I troll with those and probably will not use anything longer than 12. Thanks for the compliment.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a wood worker and I don't see a thing wrong with your racks. Good job.
    THE Nimrod Kid

Post Thanks / Like

Look very nice
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Harold and jaxsprat

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

For a few tools and an idea looks like you did quite well with those projects. Maybe you need to buy a few more tools. You have some talent. I got all kinds of tools and my stuff never looks that good.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Great job! Neat and very particle.
    "It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark"

Post Thanks / Like

cray, thank you for the compliment. I never had a Dad around when I was growing up. I have no idea how to change the oil in a car. I have never driven a stick shift. I could barely tell you the difference between a flathead and a Phillips for a long time. My mom raised me and my brother and we hardly learned anything that a boy should know growing up. The only thing I learned was my mom taught me how to be a hard worker to provide for my family and she taught me what love was. Those were probably the two most important things I needed to learn anyway. My first attempt at any project was a few years ago when I took it on my own to finish an unfinished bonus room in a house that I owned at the time. I did not have a clue really where to begin. I got someone to do my wiring and then all the woodwork I done myself. It looked as if I had hired a contractor to do it when my work was completed. I then built a garden bridge for my yard last year that turned out great and still looks fresh and new as where the yard fixture I bought is falling apart. I then took on this project and I rushed it but I am fairly pleased. I wish I had some more background in this type of stuff and wish I had the time and money to dabble in it more. For now I am satisfied that I could at least learn how to do something on my own.
    Likes M R Dux LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast