Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rip-rap rock fishing for crappie help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rip-rap rock fishing for crappie help

Last week I went fishing and learned something. These guys were catching fishing off a rock that was about 8 ft deep sticking out the water. The fished on the side of the rock that opposite side of the current. Crappie would sit behind the rock and take the bait as it passed by.Then they moved and were catching fish of the bank, fishing the point. They were only casting out about 4ft from the bank, fishing about 7ft deep. They told me that the fish were waiting around the other side of the point and would ambush the minnows as the current pushed them by. I have never tried this until yesturday and I did okay at another spot.

I posted this because I always fish bridges and easy to find crappie places. But learning this new tactic opens up different avenues. Maybe someone could use this, also. For all you crappie fisherman that fish rip-rap and rock piles, please share your knowledge with us.

Thanx and be blessed Hey yall "Its Crappie Time" peace
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

mighty were you fishing around Scottsboro or back your way. I have caught crappie around rocks like that but havent had much success on ripraps or points. I think its only because I havent fished them when the fish were there though. I had 16 keepers last week. they should be turned on over there where me and you fished last year. have you been?