Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayakcrappieman..........

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kayakcrappieman..........

I saw in the deer hunting picture and story thread you had a couple of european mounts. Who did those? I'm looking to get my last deer done.

Post Thanks / Like

I never done one but I been told there not hard to do. Fire ants for a week and some hair bleach from sally's
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Post Thanks / Like

Fire ants are not a problem, but i'm afraid the possums, coyotes and hogs would run off with the head. I've been told to boil the meat off the head. I'd just about as soon feed some of those bugs the taxidermist has.

Post Thanks / Like

I can do them. I do taxidermy on side.

Post Thanks / Like

ABH, I had a guy call me about an hour ago that I promised it to. I will keep you in mind though. I will be having more done this way.

I like the Euro mount better than capping the skull and putting it on a board from Wally World.

Post Thanks / Like

No prob man.

Post Thanks / Like

I've done one, via boiling the head. Thank goodness my regular cooking doesn't smell like that! Only problem was some dogs still got ahold of it. So it I s just tossed under the shed with the rest of my horns.
    J

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

If you rub it in the ants allowing a bunch to get on it...then hang it in a tree they'll go up the tree and clean it and dogs/coyotes/etc can't get to them. Ants can communicate quite a ways.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

While that sounds like pain just waiting to happen, I know Scrapper & his roommates in college did several longhorn skulls that way.
    J

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

tanning hides...now THAT is a pain...before, during, and after the process....sheesh. I'll NEVER do or help with that again.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast