Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A Merry Driftmaster Christmas.

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Merry Driftmaster Christmas.

Thanks so much Crappie.com and Slab for the poetry contest, and to Driftmaster made by Black River Tools for supplying the winners prize, a T-5100 trolling bar. I have used Driftmaster products since 2009 and have found them durable, and easy to use. Since 2009, I have used the LI'L PRO series holders for spider rigging and dragging crank baits with never a lost pole, even with some epic hangups that caused nightmares for weeks.

When my wife and I bought a new boat and started to rig it out, I viewed other rod holders and was attracted by some, but after giving it further thought, I decided to stick with my Driftmasters that I already had. The reason was, my "old" Driftmasters just "fit" and I knew I could rely on them in whatever situation I happened to put them in. They are basically infinitely adjustable and on the old boat, I even had the side pulling holders sloped in for easy access to hand, but the adjustments on the holders still let the rods be adjusted to the correct position for fishing. The rods come out of the holders in one easy motion by grasping the rod in one hand just in front of the holder, and picking up. This makes the hook set easy and effective. In the process of rigging the new boat, I decided to convert one of my 2 pole holders to a 4 pole holder, so I gave Black River Tools a call. They were easy to deal with and supplied me, quickly and reasonably, with the additonal parts to make the conversion. The boat build thread is shown here http://www.crappie.com/crappie/showt...Rigging-Thread and the rod holders are shown on page 7 of this thread.

Today, the door bell rang and Merry Christmas to me from Driftmaster and Crappie.com. WOOOOOOHOOOOOO! The T-5100 trolling bar had arrived and may I add, quickly as usual. The quality was perfect as usual and a quick check for the fit on the boat found the horizontal bar fit perfectly. This holder will be mounted from the accessory rail in the upcoming days and I am excited to add this additional rigging. My mind is already working to make the T-5100 trolling bar serve double duty by holding the tips of my rods during transport. I will continue to update as I get the new holders mounted.

How lucky can a guy get. Such a great addition to the boat that will maintain "the look" and will further enhance the versatility of fishing styles capable from this boat. I can hardly wait to attempt to fish 18 poles dragging jigs. I may not be able to handle it, but I have confidence the Driftmasters will be just fine.

Thanks again to Driftmaster and Crappie.com

Name:  1223131000.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  56.0 KBName:  1223131001.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  62.2 KB
    Last edited by RCC; 12-23-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

look good
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

We have the exact same carpet...same color and texture. Been cleaning it lately....It is tough to clean but I think that I have it figured out.
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

very nice....congrats
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep