PDA

View Full Version : very hard to type a message on my pm box. why?

olduckhunter
12-20-2013, 08:47 AM
when I try to type a message on my pm box I just about have to pound the keys. on here it's normal. wonder why the difference?

wilbur
12-20-2013, 09:04 AM
I have had the same issue, not on PMs but on other things, I thought it was the mouse,cause I bang it a few times and it works. But thinking back this is the only place I type on.

crappiepappa
12-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Same here. I have to type a few words, go back and correct spelling because if I don't it looks like this:
Sam her. I ave o tpe fw wods gback d correct spelng bcuse fi ot itlooks like this.

"D"
12-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Me too.

Barnacle Bill
12-20-2013, 06:12 PM
Mine was doing that until I changed the compatibility view. Its under "tools" at the very top of the screen. BYW, I use IE.

wilbur
12-20-2013, 06:12 PM
At first it sounded computer related, but now I believe otherwise. Cant be all our comput ers doing sam e thing at same time

Cray
12-20-2013, 06:20 PM
May have something to do with all the work Slab has been doing on the site. Haven't had that problem on my IPad so far.

olduckhunter
12-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Mine was doing that until I changed the compatibility view. Its under "tools" at the very top of the screen. BYW, I use IE.

you talking tools on ie or on the forum. and it's hard to type here now.

"G"
12-20-2013, 08:09 PM
you talking tools on ie or on the forum. and it's hard to type here now.

Tools on IE

Tracker123
12-20-2013, 08:43 PM
I had that problem too until I did the following:

On the top of the page (crappie.com page) you will see Settings next to the My Profile. Select Settings.
Once you do, scroll down and you will see General Settings under My Account. Select General Settings.
Once you do, scroll way down and you will see Misc. Options.
Under that tab click Standard Editor (Full WYSIWYG was selected for some reason).
Once I selected Standard Editor - All is well.

Barnacle Bill
12-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Tools on IE

Yup.

Slab
12-20-2013, 09:57 PM
I had that problem too until I did the following:

On the top of the page (crappie.com page) you will see Settings next to the My Profile. Select Settings.
Once you do, scroll down and you will see General Settings under My Account. Select General Settings.
Once you do, scroll way down and you will see Misc. Options.
Under that tab click Standard Editor (Full WYSIWYG was selected for some reason).
Once I selected Standard Editor - All is well.

Thank you Tracker. Hope that works. Otherwise another thing to try are those two boxes to the left right above the edit box. The ones with the letter "A's" in it. Maybe it was clicked by accident, or maybe my recent upgrade screwed something up. I'm in transit right now and a little out of touch. I'm also still addressing performance problems on the site. It's better but it seems we still get a couple brief hiccups a day. I got some clues and should eventually get it. Computers, they drive you nuts until you figure it out. Sometimes it's actually kinda cool trying to figure it out too. You feel like a sleuth, following leads here and there, it's when you get too many dead ends that it gets frustrating. But as I've found over the years, persistence pays off.

olduckhunter
12-21-2013, 12:07 AM
let's see if that worked tracker. seems it did. i'll have to try a pm to see about there. thanks. like you said that other thing was selected.

olduckhunter
12-21-2013, 12:09 AM
looks like it worked on my pm too. I began to think my key board was going bad. thanks again tracker.

Jigging15
12-21-2013, 12:59 AM
I have the same issue from time to time. Figured out that the "Switch Editor to Source Mode" little box with the two A's in it at the top left of the quick reply area could be hit and it would fix it. Thanks for all the hard work you do Ed "Slab" to keep us up and running.

fishingpox
12-21-2013, 06:25 AM
I was having that same problem as well, right now it seems to have cured my woes. Thank you sir

rnvinc
12-21-2013, 07:33 AM
What are those 2 "A" looking tools in the upper left of the Quick reply box...??

And what does "switch editor to source mode" mean...??

Rickie

wilbur
12-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Mine also had the top one checked, Thank You

rnvinc
12-21-2013, 04:41 PM
What are those 2 "A" looking tools in the upper left of the Quick reply box...??

Rickie

Slab? ...G?...Bill?...anybody?

Rickie

Barnacle Bill
12-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Slab? ...G?...Bill?...anybody?

Rickie

The first one has something to do with e-mail but I'm not sure how it works. The other doesn't appear to do anything.

SeaRay
12-21-2013, 09:38 PM
I was about ask a similar question, but in addition to hard keys my enter button would not work at all.

Made it hard to separate paragraphs or captions on photos.

Now it works,

Thanks Guys.

Slab
12-21-2013, 10:55 PM

Rickie

Source mode means it won't do any formatting for you. Source mode is prolly where you all are having that problem. No line breaks and so on....

In my opinion those buttons should just be removed. But I did not write the software. And if I took the time to remove them, someone now would need to click on it to fix their editing. doh

Rees Guide
12-22-2013, 09:24 PM
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: Hot dog, I can post smileys again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys!!!!