Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Package to Afghanistan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Package to Afghanistan

Hey Guys, we are putting a jig tying package to SFCCANNON who posted some jig pics on the jig forum. He is stationed in Afghanistan and we are putting some stuff together to send. If you want to join in just PM me and you can send some things to me and we will get it to him. Planning on mailing 1/2/14. Thanks for your help. This is from Crappie dot Com as a team!
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

Default gift TO AFGANISTAN

WHY DON'T YOU POST THE ADDRESS SOME OF US MIGHT PUT TOGETHER A PACKAGE ALSO AS WE DID A FEW YEARS AGO. SHIPPING IS FREE

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Or good guys really like gummy bears.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket rich View Post
    WHY DON'T YOU POST THE ADDRESS SOME OF US MIGHT PUT TOGETHER A PACKAGE ALSO AS WE DID A FEW YEARS AGO. SHIPPING IS FREE
    Yup +1
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

If I can get his permission I will post his address. Not to be snide but in todays world you have to watch what you post. Especially personal info and I think there is a CDC policy not to post phone numbers and addresses. I wish it was different believe me. This is from guardourfreedom.org What is the Postage Cost? A common misunderstanding is that shipping a package as far away as Afghanistan would be too costly. However, Military addresses contain either an APO (Army Post Office) or FPO (Fleet Post Office) zip code. Your postage only needs to pay for delivery to a Military Base located in the United States. From there your package is placed on Military Transport to Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. A large flat rate box will ship to any APO or FPO for $12.95 regardless of the weight (if it fits it ships.) Sgt Cannon suggested that anyone contributing please send and address so he can get a thank you out. We are just trying to help a good guy out in harms way. He did not ask for anything, just posted a pic of some jigs and we got the idea of sending a little something. BillBob can vouch for me! LOL
    Last edited by ifish; 12-20-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    Life is Good !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ifish View Post
    If I can get his permission I will post his address. Not to be snide but in todays world you have to watch what you post. Especially personal info and I think there is a CDC policy not to post phone numbers and addresses. I wish it was different believe me. This is from guardourfreedom.org What is the Postage Cost? A common misunderstanding is that shipping a package as far away as Afghanistan would be too costly. However, Military addresses contain either an APO (Army Post Office) or FPO (Fleet Post Office) zip code. Your postage only needs to pay for delivery to a Military Base located in the United States. From there your package is placed on Military Transport to Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. A large flat rate box will ship to any APO or FPO for $12.95 regardless of the weight (if it fits it ships.) Sgt Cannon suggested that anyone contributing please send and address so he can get a thank you out. We are just trying to help a good guy out in harms way. He did not ask for anything, just posted a pic of some jigs and we got the idea of sending a little something. BillBob can vouch for me! LOL
    I can vouch for Buddy as well. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. And I agree, even if he gave you permission to publish his address I would suggest you not publish it. You never know. And to everyone, even in the classified ads here, I would suggest you not post your phone number either.

iFish, you got a pm.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

yep
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

APO and FPO addresses are just distribution points for MIL mail. It is not a street address.

PS

The brothel "employees" always know where you are going before you( the soldier or sailor) knows. Experience.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 12-20-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

there is nobody who will appreciate this anymore than this guy. he is a good friend of mine and we fish together a lot when he is home. this is his third tour. two in Iraq and now afganistan. super good guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Deroc, What few times I have communicated with Sarge he really seems like a down to earth (water) kind of guy. I can't imagine being away from home and his family at Christmas. Especially Afghanistan. We are getting a package together from some good folks on here and we will be sending it out soon. Thanks for sharing about your friend in harms way! Merry Christmas Derock
    Life is Good !