Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck Dynasty????

$hane Ghent is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Duck Dynasty????

Who has heard and saw what took place today? What's your thoughts? Phil was suspended for his believes in an interview with the magazine GQ! When the producers found out what he told the magazine they suspended him!!
    Last edited by $hane Ghent; 12-19-2013 at 12:00 AM.
    $hane Ghent, Luke 5 1-11

https://www.troutmagnet.com/store/Crappie-Magnet-c-3.html

Post Thanks / Like

I think the whole Robertson clan should stand with Phil and drop A&E. They don't need them. A&E will lose out on their biggest show. I agree with Phil. They can take the political correctness and shove it.
    Likes ShilohRed LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's all over facebook and the pages in support of him are exploding. I think the magazine was setting him up because they knew what his response would be. Evidently, free speech is only for lgbt's.
    As Slabyanker said, the Robertson's don't need A&E and the network has already attempted to downplay their Christian beliefs. I'm done with that network, only watched it for DD anyway.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

$hane Ghent is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree my household is 100% with Christianity and of course we support Phil!! You gotta stand for something or you will fall for anything!!!
    $hane Ghent, Luke 5 1-11

https://www.troutmagnet.com/store/Crappie-Magnet-c-3.html

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I support Phil. It's already in black and white. As a whole we have become more tolerant. Are we right? They said it was Phil's view not A&E's. That should have been enough. He should sue them for 1st amendment principals.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with all that was said. He stood up for he and his families principles and is being pounded for it. But, my hats off to him for standing up and not being afraid. I see that as being our biggest fault. We tend to not stand up until something actually touches us...as long as its out of sight its out of mind. If they drop A&E they'll get picked right back up by another network. Can you imagine the boycott that A&E will be facing...and may already facing.

I did see some liberal media/ newspapers online already pounding him....calling him a ****phobe and a racist. Its just not right. If anyone...I mean anyone said something cross about him or his families beliefs or Christianity in general in a magazine or show or paper, nothing would be said. But let the Christian stand up and say what they believe and you see what happens.

I could really get behind someone like Phil for a political position. Someone with principle and beliefs that they stand on....no beside so they can push them out of the way when they aren't the best thing to have.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a TV fan but I bet SI said(A&E) stick "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers — they won’t inherit the kingdom of God," he warned. "Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!

"We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, hell. That's the Almighty's job," he told the magazine. "We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus — whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?"!!!!
    Last edited by jackie53; 12-19-2013 at 03:43 AM.
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Duck Dynasty has been such a hit because 80% of America realizes the value of a Christian home, family and putting God into everything you do. That is one of the few shows where the entire family can watch and not hear a lot of cussing or see nudity. People want that! The problem stands, as it does for most issues, that the 20% that don't want it start screaming. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

If A&E removes the show, I will not watch that channel. A&E will get an email from me about my displeasure over their beliefs. I hope the Robertsons take the show to another network even if A&E would be willing to admit they were wrong.

And I too totally agree with Phil and his beliefs. I don't judge you, there is a much higher being to take care of that. I just do my best to enjoy your presence here on planet Earth!

A&E can ban me. I'm not changing my belief.

I've had my say for the day, I'm going back to the duck blind and wait on "Crappie Season" to start!
    Likes ShilohRed, kyjohn LIKED above post

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said Kent.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

they may have an iron clad contract with a and e for some time. if not and I were the rest of the family I would walk away. no doubt another tv company would love to have them. they don't need a and e to survive.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast