Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need crappie jig storage ideas,,,, boxes whatever your using to store jigs and such,,

Takeum is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need crappie jig storage ideas,,,, boxes whatever your using to store jigs and such,,

Let's see them jig boxes,,, are you organized by color and size or do ya'll just stuffed in several different containers and call it good.? I'm starting to get a good selection of jigs, roadrunners, plastics and all,mm Just need ideas on how to store all this crapp and know what I have to go with what,,,, worse then a woman I recon,,,,
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 12-18-2013 at 03:05 AM.
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders
    Avery outdoors superstore

Post Thanks / Like

You should watch this video. Doesn't pertain to crappie fishing but does help with the thought process of organizing fishing tackle. also coming from a high level fishermen who is very particular as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxSG16mWleI maybe this will help you get some idea of what your going for.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my system. 1/2" foam glued into each of the 16 pocket sized boxes. It's actually made for storing photographs but works great for my hand ties.

Post Thanks / Like

from a couple of weeks ago.............

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/showt...35-jig-storage

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_0636.jpg
Views: 5071
Size:  39.8 KBName:  IMG_0641.jpg
Views: 5487
Size:  38.0 KBName:  IMG_0640.jpg
Views: 3720
Size:  27.5 KB this works for me
    Likes wharfrat LIKED above post

Takeum is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

great ideas guys,,, thanks for sharing.....
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders
    Avery outdoors superstore

Post Thanks / Like

I own stock in Plano boxes since I have so many. I use one box for white, chartreuse, and chartreuse/white jigs in three weights. I use another box for my odd colors like bubblegum, tomato seed, blue, etc. Plano boxes have revolutionized the way fishermen store their tackle.

I have one of their boxes that is specific for terminal tackle and another that is general storage (no dividers) like floats, extra spools, etc. This system works great for me. When I get ready to go fishing, I simply gather up the crappie boxes and load the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Plano 360 plastic compartment boxes, I put all jig heads in one, soft plastics in two, hair and maribow jigs in another, last one for bobbers, hooks and weighs. All this goes into a soft side tackle bag or even a nylon gym bag. Right now Home depot has a 3 pack of Husky 12 compartment plastic boxes on line for $5.00. I purchased them at the local HD for $7.88 for the 3pack. They have the sturdy heavy plastic latches! Check this out, it will save you some dollars for a few more baits. The more organized your baits=less time looking and more productive fishing. Hope this helps.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-11-...-204337899-_-N#

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Plano watertight boxes with 3 latches and like them. I got mine at wal-mart for like $8 or $9 apiece. Not the cheapest, but they seal up nice.