Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: R.W. Rods

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default R.W. Rods

My 2 new 7.5 footers came it today. Really fast service. Now for reels for them. I'm looking for really light weight reels that will hold at least 100 yds of 6lb line. Any suggestions?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Awww, You should have said some thing. I have spinning reels too. I could have put them in the same box as your poles. They are 3 ball bearing reels and I retail them for $13.75 each. Hope you like the poles.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    Awww, You should have said some thing. I have spinning reels too. I could have put them in the same box as your poles. They are 3 ball bearing reels and I retail them for $13.75 each. Hope you like the poles.
    Where are they on your site? I thought it strange that you would have rods but no reels.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

They are not on Jeannies site. I got a case of them last year to sell to my guide trip customers. Every one liked them, so I got 2 more cases of them when my rods came in. They are excellent reels for spider rigging or casting, but a little heavy if your going to be holding the pole all day jigging. I have been looking for a real light weight reel to go with my line of poles, but have not found what I'm looking for yet. I'm trying to find a GOOD reel that I can retail for under $15.00
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I sure like my Shimano AXULS 500 series reels for my "pole-in-hand" jig poles. When I can find them they are usually around $20. They have decent drags, smooth action, weigh about 5-ounces and wear extremely well.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com