Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No More "Likes", for now....

Post Thanks / Like

Default No More "Likes", for now....

The server has been having regular hiccups yesterday and today so in an effort to isolate issues, and also to just plain reduce load. I'm turning off the LIKEs system. There's another reason too. Since its implementation I see higher CPU than even after the Thursday Night fiasco (when I upgraded some software).

Once I get the performance enhancement called "Memcached" implemented and working I will revisit the LIKEs system. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

LIKE! lol
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I agree. I don't want CPU I already got CRS!!!

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Like x2!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I managed a couple good changes, but not the ones I wanted. So for now, till I can get over this hump, the "Likes" system will remain down. I spent a lot of time spinning my wheels (please, no snow jokes) on other caching methods to improve performance (I tried xCache and eAccelerator), but they failed to work. So now I kinda have to start from scratch with Memcached (the first one I could not get going, and the one we used to have on the site). I have the Memcached process running, but vBulletin won't connect to it. I'm done. Hopefully we get fewer server busy messages tomorrow. Sorry fishermen and fisherwomen. gn
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

no need for you to feel sorry about anything, we all know that you're doing everything you can to fix the problems. If it weren't for you we wouldn't have the best fishing forum on the net.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    no need for you to feel sorry about anything, we all know that you're doing everything you can to fix the problems. If it weren't for you we wouldn't have the best fishing forum on the net.
    x2!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Well, I managed a couple good changes, but not the ones I wanted. So for now, till I can get over this hump, the "Likes" system will remain down. I spent a lot of time spinning my wheels (please, no snow jokes) on other caching methods to improve performance (I tried xCache and eAccelerator), but they failed to work. So now I kinda have to start from scratch with Memcached (the first one I could not get going, and the one we used to have on the site). I have the Memcached process running, but vBulletin won't connect to it. I'm done. Hopefully we get fewer server busy messages tomorrow. Sorry fishermen and fisherwomen. gn
    I do not know what Ed said but I like it.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed, maybe you need to raise your membership dues.............................................. .....OH, I forgot, this is a free site.

Thanks for all you do!
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Something else I noticed going on, I don't know if this has been discussed, is the side scroll bar disappears at times. it does it on my home and work computer. Once the scroll bars disappears I can not scroll the page even with the mouse scroll wheel. I have to end up refreshing the page. Sometimes I have to refresh the page multiple times to get it to stop. I'm using Chrome and never had this problem until after the upgrade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast