Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BnM BBUL for spider rigging?

Post Thanks / Like

Default BnM BBUL for spider rigging?

hey guys. i know alot of guys use the bgjp for when the bite is real light but havent ever heard of anyone using the buck best ultra light. i have the 12 footer with normal reel seat. i bought it for vertical jigging but its just too heavy at that length for jigging all day long to me. i was thinking of buying a couple more though and using them to troll when the bite is tough. What do you fellows think?

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same thing. The 12ft is to heavy. I have one in the 11ft and I like it a lot better for jigging. I use the 12ft fire trolling and don't have any problems with it. Also have 2 ozarks I troll with, and they are a little better.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 10ft bbul i jig with and its nice and light. i use 14 ft pro staffs for most spider rigging applications but thought the ultra lights would be awesome for those light bite situations

Post Thanks / Like

I can see the light bites better on the bbul than the ozarks. But the ozarks have more back bone for lifting the fish in.

Post Thanks / Like

yea i will use a net when needed so having backbone isn't a big issue for me. plus for when i need backbone those pro staffs could boat flip a 5 lb catfish lol

Post Thanks / Like

I had a pro staff, but broke it one the first trip I used it. I got hung up with the wind blowing pretty hard and it got in between the trolling motor and boat and snapped in half. $64.99 for one time use.lol It felt a lot like the ozarks. I carry a net too. usually only use it when i get a nice one on the poles in the middle.

Post Thanks / Like

anyone else use the ultra lights for spider rigging? or anyone have any reasons they think this would not work well.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand the use of ultr lite for pushing,for trolling I would think more back bone.
    CATCH FILLET

Post Thanks / Like

I may have misused the word trolling, i'm talking about pushing, or spider rigging.

Post Thanks / Like

If I going to do any trolling I would not use anything but Ozark's. You fill the smallest bite to hauling over the side of you boat.
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast