Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Glow in the Dark PP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glow in the Dark PP

I ordered some glow in the dark powder paint. Supposed to be better quality stuff.....we will see.

Question is, for the best results......do you first do a base in white then reheat and dip in the Glow in dark or mix it in with white/clear. If so what ratios work best. The power looks white but when applied it is basically clear on bare lead.

The stuff is spendy so I don't want to waste it playing around until I have some decent working knowledge in using it.

Name:  glow.JPG
Views: 195
Size:  13.4 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I would maybe PM Snake River on this one. I know he plays with the glow stuff. I would guess that you mix it with the paint like clear. To be honest though. I have never used it so I am only guessing. You probably want to get with someone that has used it before.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.....

I bought a few commercial glow in the dark white jigs to try as I have been fishing in 28ft deep on overcast days and instead of just the very lite tick they have actually been thumping it better than the ones that are not glow in the dark. Not actually catching more....just seems like they are hitting it better in cold water.....strange

Thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

Of course....had to mess with it. 2 spoons of white, 1 spoon of clear, & 1 spoon of Glow in the Dark

Needs more clear I think but it glows

Name:  glow1.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  5.7 KBName:  glow2.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  101.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I've found that a base coat of white that has been cured and then follow up with glow color you prefer. Best results are early and late an on cloudy days. I've had days where they whacked it (along with glow plastics like BG offers), other days, they didn't seem to want it.
    Really helps the last 10-20 minutes. Run it under a bright light and it will stay bright for a short time under water. Bring it up and run it under the light again and you're ready to go. Crappie nipples seem to help too. Last minutes of the day have saved many a trip if you're prepared for them.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I paint white base and cure. Then coat with glow and recur.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979