Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: North Sauty Report 12-15

Post Thanks / Like

Default North Sauty Report 12-15

My Friend Will and I caught 60 nice crappie of which we kept 46, and one 11inch shellcracker under the 79 bridge. fish were 6 ft deep eating BG blue ice on 1/16 oz jigs. I usually use only 1/32 oz but needed the extra weight to fight the wind and current. most fish were 13-14 inches and 46 is all we could fit in the buckets so gave the rest away to others fishing beside us. fished from the bank and caught more than most of the boats who received a brutal beating from the north breeze. photos later today.
    Likes alabamaal LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to go, but it was too cold for me!! Should have gone Sat, but figured it would be too crowded! Holler at me if you want to go one day during the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rebranger View Post
    I wanted to go, but it was too cold for me!! Should have gone Sat, but figured it would be too crowded! Holler at me if you want to go one day during the week.
    the only place I could think of to go with the wind that bad was exactly where I did go. the Guntersville end of the bridge is protected from a north west wind.

Post Thanks / Like

yep you was fishing my honey hole, do not let it happen again ha ha. The wind was so bad there the other morning it forced me and every other boat off the water. It literally crashed my boat off the bridge, I did not think I would make it back to the ramp it was so bad.

Post Thanks / Like

If the weather is that bad, I'll be duck hunting (with Yo's Yo's & minnows & jigs as weights on my duck decoys, cheaper than a Mojo robot decoy, plus the Mojos don't catch crappie, LOL).

I thought about bank fishing that day, but that's all I did think about it!

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

You the man Riverboss! Great catch!!
    James 1:5