Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie around Spokane

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie around Spokane

Hey all, I am moving to Spokane in a couple weeks from Arkansas. I have never even been to Washington other than just driving through. I have a boat, and was wondering if any of you would mind pointing me in a few directions to find some Crappie. Or any other type of good fishing around there for that matter.

Thanks for your help
    HAVE POLES, WILL TRAVEL.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok.................so I guess there is none. I guess I am going to have to sell my rods and boat. Start a new hobby like rock collecting or something.
    HAVE POLES, WILL TRAVEL.

Post Thanks / Like

Scout,

There are some but I really don't know them as I've never been over to Spokane to go fishing. I'd love to help you out but just didn't want to start spewing things I had only read about.
    Brokentrail
    Born To Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brokentrail. Is there a fish that is predominant around spokane Walleye, smallmouth, trout etc.....
    that you know or have heard of?

Size wise I am used to an average keeper being about 1lb with a 15 or 16 inch fish being caught on most trips. I am guessing they are a little smaller up there, what is an average crappie (in general) for washington.

Here in the midwest crappie are in every lake or pond. I really dont have a clue what to exspect as far as fishing goes in washington so any rumors or any info at all would be apriciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by SCOUT; 10-25-2006 at 08:29 AM.
    HAVE POLES, WILL TRAVEL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT
    Size wise I am used to an average keeper being about 1lb with a 15 or 16 inch fish being caught on most trips. I am guessing they are a little smaller up there, what is an average crappie (in general) for washington.
    Thanks
    yeah, the crappie will be much smaller then 16". maybe a few at 12" or 13" here and there. don't know much about spokane. i've heard downs lake can be good. and eloika has them. i'd pick up a rule book too so you can find out what lakes have 9" minimums.
    Last edited by CK14; 10-25-2006 at 08:53 AM.
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

expect a lot of 9 inchers and smaller.....
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kokanee King
    expect a lot of 9 inchers and smaller.....
    thats so painfully true.....
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT
    Thanks Brokentrail. Is there a fish that is predominant around spokane Walleye, smallmouth, trout etc.....
    that you know or have heard of?

Here in the midwest crappie are in every lake or pond. I really dont have a clue what to exspect as far as fishing goes in washington so any rumors or any info at all would be apriciated.

Thanks
    Well, I believe you have an opportunity for all of those near Spokane. I grew up in the midwest and south and fishing is definitely different out here. I've heard good things about Long lake (actually a reservoir I believe) and Silver Lake in Spokane. You may want to check this site out and do some preliminary research before your arrival.

http://www.washingtonlakes.com
    Brokentrail
    Born To Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys, I will try those places.

My priorities are a little screwed up, I have been researching fishing and hunting in washington and totally have blown off finding a place to live.

Oh well, I guess I can always live in a van down by the river.

Thanks again
    HAVE POLES, WILL TRAVEL.

Post Thanks / Like

The Walleye can get huge up here. 10-15lb fish are pretty common and 17-18lb fish are caught every year. You'll be within an hours drive of Moses Lake, Soda Lake, and Potholes. They all have big walleye, bass, and crappie. Potholes has nice channel cats as well. The Snake River has bass, crappie (whites that can get big) channels, blues, a few flatheads, steelhead, shad, bluegill, etc.

Sprague Lake is even closer to Spokane and has a ton of walleye, crappie, bass, and channel cats in it. For big crappie I would learn as much as you can about Moses Lake and Potholes. You'll catch some big ones in those lakes for sure.

You can get the latest reports for Potholes here: http://www.mardonresort.com/wr_.aspx

and here are some crappies caught from Potholes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast