Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ft. Gibson Okla Heated fishing docks?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ft. Gibson Okla Heated fishing docks?

Trying to find out where the heated docks are on ft. Gibson. Have been told there are 3. Would appreciate directions if anyone has been to them. Have been to Hudson dock and Claremore also but want to try some new spots. Any info would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I would check out the thread in the Oklahoma section on Heated docks.

Bobo

Post Thanks / Like

The heated dock is in Sequoyah Bay South, N W of dam. I believe it is only attended in early morning. Call ahead 918-687-4073
    I also looking to dock fish this winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Called them got answering machine so I went ahead and drove over just to check it out. Of course they were closed but stopped at lake info station and the lady there told me they are closed until spring. So.. marking that one off. I live in Broken Arrow but don't mind driving a bit if I can catch some decent crappie. Tried the one on Keystone just off of 51hwy couple weeks ago. Very minimal brush and deepest spot was maybe 12 feet. Not even a bite. So back to Claremore or Hudson. By the way thanks Minnowtime and Bobo for the info.

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Claremore have a heated dock? Only fished there twice. I love that lake and how the houses wrap around it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes by the boat ramp. Actually pretty nice has a pop machine and they keep it clean. This one has 2 large window units one on each end to heat it and cool for summer. Weekends it can get pretty crowded though but the fish are plentiful there. 2 bucks if you have local utilities and 3 for non locals. Fishing is good inside and out but seen larger slabs caught outside on both ends. Ranger will tell you how the fishing is if you want to call ahead. (918)-341-1238 This one's only 30 min drive for me. Just started hitting docks this year but still looking for more options. Been down to Fountainhead 3 times in the last month but not much luck there. Hope this helps DrNip.

Post Thanks / Like

Made the drive up north east of Grove to Blue Bluff last sunday. Got there @ 6:30 and fished till noon and caught 5 small ones. 5 keepers were caught while I was there by different people but nobody slaying them. Left threre and stopped at Bernice. As nice as it was figured I would try the bridge. Thy were stacked up on the piers. Caught a lot @ 20fow on Garland bbq chicken, Cajun cricket and purple hair jigs. Also black with pink tail hair jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so crappiepappa called ahead on Thursday and they told him they would open up at 6-6:30. So we met up there and waited and waited, no show no answer on phone number. Guys show up to open marina said fishin hole closed took us in and showed us. They said they have been catching 4-6 inch dinks is bout all from the marina. So doubt I will make that trip again. Sure the fishing is better on other parts maybe from a boat!