Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing pontoon pic's ?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile fishing pontoon pic's ?

anybody have pic's of there fishing toon they would share with us? I'm rebuilding an 82 mod. suntracker for mostly crappie fishing and would like to see what some of ya'll have done to yours. So far I've sandblasted the trailer,primed&painted it,new bearings,tires,new runners and clearance lites. Also put new marine deck and carpet. Trying to see if i can bring the old ruff looking alum. back to a somewhat better finish. We want to take all our kids & grandkids out for some fun as well so would like it to look as good as i can. Insted of fixed furniture we are going to just have ped. firhing seats that can. be moved around and a couple big boxes for storage. I picked up a 82# trol. motor off ebay and also 6 nice seats. building rod holders aswell. Will post some pic's soon if i can figure all this compooter stuff out. It's tuff on old folks don't ya no.
    honey.'':o the weather is to bad to work in the yard so I think I'll go fishing''

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

this is my home made pole holders works fine on my pontoon as well.

this is my pontoon i purchased a month ago . will ad the home made pole holders along with what is on it now .
    Last edited by papasage; 10-21-2006 at 08:29 PM.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

to get a good look at a pontoon set up for fishing go to the SC site and look at BigE's toon he just finished rebuliding it

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

couldn`t find a pick of Big "E" pontoon

Post Thanks / Like

on the SC site look in the link "liberator almost home" posted by BigE

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I've got a 1997 Suntracker Party Barge 21' I've rigged for fishing (over my wife's objections-lol)...six Driftmaster rod holders mounted on the rails, a 6-rod vertical rod holder in front of the console, a 26# MotorGuide trolling motor, a removable "fishing deck" that fits between the front couches with a pedestal mounted swivel seat for bow fishing...the boat came with a 22-gal aerated livewell under one of the seats, so I'm all set....will forward pics when/if I can figure out how to do it....

Bushrod :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa
    on the SC site look in the link "liberator almost home" posted by BigE
    Thanks guys, found that. You know how when you get to kicken ideas backards& forwards, little lights & bells start going off. well thats what i was thinking about when i started this thread. Iv'e come up with many good ideas over the past several months watching and following crappie.com and a couple other fishing forums but crappie. com is the best one on the net. I've made pole holders aswell as some other things like a divice to control a foot control trolling motor to make it a foot and hands free operations(I think it was LA BILL's addition to his TM for that one) I enjoy doing that kind of stuff almost as much as catching crappie. The seats that came off ebay need armrest to make them more suitable for us older folks, so that's what I'm doing right now. Thanks for everyones ideas and input.
    honey.'':o the weather is to bad to work in the yard so I think I'll go fishing''

Post Thanks / Like

my pontoon had a hand controll trolling motor on it . i added a hot foot button i purchased at a wal-mart discount rack :D . the motor has a handle that tilts up for standing . planning on making curton to zip on to the buggy top for cold weather fishing .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papasage
    my pontoon had a hand controll trolling motor on it . i added a hot foot button i purchased at a wal-mart discount rack :D . the motor has a handle that tilts up for standing . planning on making curton to zip on to the buggy top for cold weather fishing .
    I found an after market soft top with clear side curtains that I really liked but was a little pricey. Sense I already have a hard top frame think i will just cover it with 12' metal and later add the curtains for cool weather. I also picked up an aluminum hatch door frame 16''x24'' that I plan on putting in the floor to fish thru if we do add side curtains latter. It was only 10 bucks on ebay.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 80's Party Barge (crappie-toon)

I just finished one...I'll post pics tomorrow. Also...there's a member that just finished "the liberator" ...can't remember if it was the NC or SC forum that the pics are in...but he did a nice job!
    Snal~
    1992 Alumacraft 14' Jon Boat w/ 15hp Johnson
    1988 Party Barge w/Rude 90hp (project finished!)
    1994 C Dory 22 Angler w/ twin Honda 45's
    7 Kayaks, 1 canoe
    www.snartracing.com (my other passion)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast