Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Current project

Post Thanks / Like

Default Current project

My Dad gave this old River Ox to my Son, Ricky. Ricky and I have been working on it now a couple hours at a time over the past week. He said To turn it into a crappie fishing machine and that set me in high gear. hopefully be done with most of the mods by next week. First one was gutting the old commercial net bow shroud off so we can place a small plywood deck to mount trolling motor on center bow. He is going to be using a transom mount motor with the head turned around. The great thing about this is if he decides to get a true bow mount, we will reuse the plywood or just cut another piece and bolt down into existing holes. Front bench looks a little thin on the fiberglass so I am going to run a 1X8 across it screw it in, and then mount a swivel seat mount base in the center upside down and then stick the seat in the upside down base. That will be like a 4" pedestal on top of the bench. May do the same on rear bench. Motor is a 1996 25 Johnson with maybe 30 or 35 hours on it. This boat was used maybe 5 or 6 times since that motor was put on this boat. Will be a great first boat for Ricky and the boat is thick and heavy and can take a beating.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    Likes tootsieroll LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like the looks of that CF!! I have an almost new minnkota powerdrive 55lb trust with co pilot remote and foot pedal for sale if you are interested I havent put it on the site yet been too busy. I also have a maxxum 101 trust as well. I am finally upgrading to a terrova.
    GO VOLS AND TITANS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NavyAngler View Post
    I like the looks of that CF!! I have an almost new minnkota powerdrive 55lb trust with co pilot remote and foot pedal for sale if you are interested I havent put it on the site yet been too busy. I also have a maxxum 101 trust as well. I am finally upgrading to a terrova.

Budget is tight right now but I'll show it to Ricky when you post it up. The power drive would be perfect.CF

Post Thanks / Like

That will be pretty slick when it's finished I wish I was handy with things like that... lol I keep toying with the kayak idea

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, that is a heavy boat.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! A lot like a stumpknocker... Has great potential, just don't forget to save some time and money for the trailer... To and from the ramp (by land as well as water) is important. I think a fish finder for Christmas is in order.
    "Kids who hunt and fish dont steal and deal"

2012 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2012 Buggs Bash Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Percidae_Papermouth View Post
    Nice! A lot like a stumpknocker... Has great potential, just don't forget to save some time and money for the trailer... To and from the ramp (by land as well as water) is important. I think a fish finder for Christmas is in order.
    He got the boat a year ago. Just decided to do something with it now. I got him a Lowrance for it last Christmas. Just put it on and having to redo the transducer. Head rung off the mounting screw earlier this week when we were putting it on. Screw broke flush with the transom so I had to patch with marine TeX and start back over. He wants it ready quick so I don't have time to order starboard. I hate mounting transducers.

Post Thanks / Like

Just put the transducer on the trolling motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REDBOAT View Post
    Just put the transducer on the trolling motor.
    I want one by him while he is running for safety. Lots of shoals around here.