HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: One step forward, two steps backward. Crappie.com Software Problems

Post Thanks / Like

Default One step forward, two steps backward. Crappie.com Software Problems

I upgraded the Data Base, pretty much because I had to. The Data Base software I was running was at a release level that was no longer supported and security patches would not longer get applied until I upgraded it. So, I done did it and it BROKE! The home page is down and there will likely be links that are broken as well. I had to turn off vBSEO after the upgrade cause the whole site would not work. vBSEO automatically changed URL and optimized the site for search engines. It was a good thing, but now I have to figure out how to fix it or get around it. And I'm not sure why the home page won't display anymore. doh

it's already been a long night......well at least we're able to post
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Go get em tiger you can do it!
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain
    Likes Slab LIKED above post
    Thanks Slab thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

OH!!
    I thought we had messed up good on the WOT. Thanks for the info and your hard work.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
    Likes Slab LIKED above post

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Slab! I was on last night when it went down...easy enough to go to link you made. Thanks for all the hard work!

Did it have anything to do with Windows not offering anymore patches or updates for XP?? I heard that a couple weeks ago. Stinks that they are going to force everyone into windows 8. Boss has it, I'm not a fan. I do like 7 though. Maybe I'd like 8 if I gave it a chance...
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got fingered out before I logged on this morning. I was irate from laptop shopping yestiddy.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Guess you ans. my question, couldn't log on this am.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

There are still some parts of the site that are broken.

A thing called vBSEO is broke and will likely not be revived. The "Likes" system was part of that. So no more "Likes" till I find a replacement.

vBSEO also modified URLs, so most all the internal links to other crappie.com pages will probably be broke. You may have to do "Search" to find that page if you really want to view it. Use the Google Custom Search in the upper right corner.

We're getting some PHP error messages on some pages, names the home page articles and some others. This is a priority and what I'm working on right now.

There's also a Performance Enhancement piece of software that's broke behind the scenes. I should be able to fix that but it's probably the last of my worries for now. I think we'll be OK for now. We'll see tonight when we have the most users online, but I don't think we'll need the performance fix in place for a bit.

If I've learned anything I've learned not to do any software upgrades on Friday the 13th anymore! lol
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

are you the head goober working on obamacare website?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clfarms1 View Post
    are you the head goober working on obamacare website?
    Now you got to go ahead and insult me! I'm sure I coulda done a better job than that implementation. Not by myself, but with the right people, I coulda got it right the first time!

btw, lets not turn this political. IT's a computer thread! lol
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

I know I know, it was just meant to be a joke not a political statement, so lets have everyone remember that.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast