Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could use some helpful input!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Could use some helpful input!!!!

Hello,
    My name is Al and if anyone can help me with some suggestions or information on what to look for in a 10' foot crappie jigging rod (for use in and around lilly pads/ also for jigging deeper holes). Also as a spinning rod at times. I was thinking of a Shimano "Convergence" 10'6'_2 piece__4-6 lbs.__light action__slow set tip (spinning rod)!!! Any thoughts. Thanks for any comments/and or input as to what is good out there. OR IF ANYONE HAS SOMETING FOR SALE please let me know.

WISHING ALL A GREAT HOLIDAY and A HAPPY NEW YEAR.....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not familiar with that rod, so I can't comment on that. But for jigging shallow cover, pads etc, I would recommend a 10' Ozark rear seat. It is sensitive, light as a feather, and has the soft tip that you need. In the pads, you will lose a lot of fish on the hookset with a stiffer rod due to the short amount of line out and the weight of a big fish against the stiffness of the rod. A soft tip will absorb that shock better and help you land more fish. The Ozarks have that, but still have enough backbone to horse a 1 1/2lb fish in the boat. I have used mine jigging as shallow as 1' and as deep as 25ft. Works great for both.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is in the classified adds, and welcome to the forum
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/perso...appie-rod.html
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Cabela's
    Cabela's Crappie Rod by B'n'M

Responsive and sturdy, our crappie rods let you feel the slightest bite. These rods have 80% high-modulus graphite with blank-through-handle construction. Two-piece spinning rods feature light tip action, high-quality aluminum-oxide guides and cork handles.
    Models: 7, 8, 10 and 12 ft.

I have the 8 ft and love it. I have caught several nice 5-7 lb bass with it so it has a lot of backbone but lite enough to fish with all day and not kill your arm. look at Cabelas.com to see it better

Post Thanks / Like

BnM has two real good jigging poles. bnmPoles&#39;s channel - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

If I was get a new pole it have to be a Ozark 10 or 11 jig pole
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Post Thanks / Like

Consider BnM poles B'n'M Fishing They have a great selection of 10' jigging rods. Sam Heaton, Bucks Graphite Jig Pole, Bucks Gold, Bucks Ultimate, Buck Best Ultra-lite.

If your looking for light action the Bucks Best Ultra-Lite is definitely sensitive. The Sam Heaton is a Cadillac. The Bucks Graphite Jig Pole is plenty sensitive as well. The Bucks Ultimate is a little stiffer rod.
    BnM Poles *** Lake Fork Trophy Lures *** Bee Ready- Rod Holders for a Lifetime

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. Is this a spinning rod? Also what is the advantage of the rear seat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishinsfun View Post
    Thanks for the input. Is this a spinning rod? Also what is the advantage of the rear seat?
    Reach and balance. Putting the reel on the very back of the rod moves the center of gravity toward the butt-end of the rod, allowing you to comfortably grip the rod further back, thus giving you about a foot more reach out of your rod. The 10' rear seat will give you the same reach as an 11' forward.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast