Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: north sauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default north sauty

Was wondering if anyone has fished the area. Thinking of heading there thursday.

Post Thanks / Like

They're there at first light.

Post Thanks / Like

You can do very well under the bridge .I saw some nice fish being caught lately .

Post Thanks / Like

stopped there today early afternoon and only caught 1 but saw some guys leaving with buckets full.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks enough we gonna try it . Will report back.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going Tues, (12/17) Wed & Thurs, want to go with me? Or meet up at Goose pond Ramp / Bait shop / Grill?
    Or , I'll be around the 79 & 72 bridge from about mid morn on.. I just bought a new hi powered green submersible light I want to try out!! (but the moon is full this week & probably will be clear nights).
    Caught a 3 pounder over "the hole" right East & South of the 79 bridge on a jerk bait of all things. I struck out on tight line yellow/black double rigged jigs & minnows tho.. Was trying to spider rig several poles & never could get 'em to bite under the bridge around the pilings. There was a older gent with a younger co/angler with Tn boat registration there; the older guy was throwing a good sized casting net & coming up with a sack full of shad on every throw. He could really throw that net; was amazing to watch!! (Makes me want to get one, but I know I'd have a tough learning curve, LOL) Anyway, he was filling his live well with the shad. Meanwhile, the younger guy was "live lining" as I call it, baiting his line with a 3 - 5" shad and letting them run. BUT, I never saw him catch anything.
    The bait fish were really there!! My Lowrance DSI wouldn't even show the bottom there were so many bait schools!!
    Current was running out, i.e., toward the channel & it was cloudy & overcast, right before the front.
    PM or text/call me if you want to hook up..

Post Thanks / Like

rebranger they bite jigs better casting there than they do tightlining double rigs

Post Thanks / Like

no kiddin! caught a bunch of lil un's throwin BG Monkey Milks into marina slips

Post Thanks / Like

They are biting pretty good , 17 in 4 hours. But, the water is down, wonder why they're "pulling" so much? Reckon they're expecting a wet winter, spring and/or power demands?
    Water temp 47, Air temp 50, clarity, 3 - 4 feet, some gentle current, South east wind 3 - 5, later layed, fished from noon until 4:45 (sundown). Small ones 3 - 5 feet, keepers 7 - 9 feet in 19 feet of water. Pink & white worked, chartreuse & black Road Runner, minnows, no go. All double rigged. Casting is only thing working, Bobby Garland Monkey MIlk, blue & white, small swim baits, small jerk baits, tite lining, trolling, no go.
    Full moon, solunar tables say mid day, bite was later. By then my fingers were too cold!! Had to come in, left heater in truck (didn't think I'd need it, DUH!) not again!!

Post Thanks / Like

they are expecting up to 2.5 inches of rain over the weekend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast