Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DUI Checkpoints

Post Thanks / Like

Default DUI Checkpoints

They are starting nightly DUI check points now until the end of the year. With the holidays upon us, I would like to share a personal experience with my family & friends about drinking and driving. As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the wayhome after a "social session" out with friends. Well, three days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails, followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly, I still had the sense to know that I may be over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before ... I took a cab home! Sure enough, on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely and without incident. This was a real relief and surprise because I had never driven a cab before.........

Be safe guys!!
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good one have worked several accidents over the years not a pretty site!!! Had to walk up to a car that had hit a bridge Rail cut the car in half!!!! It only takes one of these to open your eyes!!! My Drug/alcohol is the lord and crappie fishing!!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cmj View Post
    They are starting nightly DUI check points now until the end of the year. With the holidays upon us, I would like to share a personal experience with my family & friends about drinking and driving. As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the wayhome after a "social session" out with friends.*Well, three days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails, followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly, I still had the sense to know that I may be over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before ... I took a cab home! Sure enough, on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely and without incident. This was a real relief and surprise because I had never driven a cab before.........

Be safe guys!!
    Hope you rode not drove the cab .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing Chris. I find it easier just to not drink.

Post Thanks / Like

CMJ....glad to hear that you know your limits, but there are many that don't. Thanks to those men and women who are out there to hopefully stop those that drive intoxicated. Drink all you want, but don't drive. My brother in law was killed by a driver under the influence. Enjoy the holidays and the parties, but do it without taking someone's life. Don't drive drunk...Thanks again to the men and women of law enforcement and medical personnel.
    YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS...BUT YOU CAN BUY FISHING GEAR.....AND THAT'S KINDA THE SAME THING.....
    Unknown.

Post Thanks / Like

Just so everybody knows, this was a joke that I copied off of another site. I haven't drank a drop in seven years. Hookedonslabs, I'm sorry for your loss.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the joke and you delivered an important message!!
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpisani View Post
    I got the joke and you delivered an important message!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's one thing I have two worry about .30 yrs in law enforcement convinced me not to drink and drive!!!!!!! !
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff