Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thinking back!!!1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking back!!!1

I am sitting in the warm house with rain ,sleet and in some places snow all around. I can take a nap, eat a snack or just think. I am thinking of all of the great experiences I have had fishing , looking at my electronics and just enjoying being in God's world. I always see or experience something that was worth the trip. Maybe my age,(73) but the fish that I catch don't seem important compared to the wonderful time I have just being there. I have caught my share of fish and hope to catch more, but it is not a driving force like it has been. The man who doesn't enjoy the great outer doors is missing out on the real reason we NEED to fish. Everyone be safe in this cold weather and most of all,take time to enjoy the the opportunities when you get them......crappie1133

Post Thanks / Like

very well said, thanks.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You have spoken what goes through my mind on a pretty regular basis. I drive for a living and get too much windshield time and alone most of the week. Traveling as I do I get to see some things as they change with the natural progression of things, and see things that homebound folks only read and hear about. I'm lucky in a bittersweet way. My fishing trips are usually short, kinda stuffed into my tight schedule, and numbers have less meaning than in years past. A few good fish, or a sunrise, a few deer working their way down the bank, or just good company makes me smile for a good while. A trip with my Granddaughter leaves me elated for weeks. Thanks for the good wishes for my well being, and the reminder that happiness is where you find it. I close with a wish to stay warm and fondle the gear when you can, it generates memories me quite often. A good upcoming season.....Skeet.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to all words. Guess that's why it is called fishing and not catching.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said! Great memories!

Post Thanks / Like

It was a good day to be inside and reflect

Post Thanks / Like

Always nice to take a minute and look back on everything youve gotten to do. Even more fun to sit around and tell stories with buddies!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well stated 1133. I keep enough fish to feed family and friends here. It doesn't take much of a catch to feed them anymore as most have passed.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie1133 View Post
    I am sitting in the warm house with rain ,sleet and in some places snow all around. I can take a nap, eat a snack or just think. I am thinking of all of the great experiences I have had fishing , looking at my electronics and just enjoying being in God's world. I always see or experience something that was worth the trip. Maybe my age,(73) but the fish that I catch don't seem important compared to the wonderful time I have just being there. I have caught my share of fish and hope to catch more, but it is not a driving force like it has been. The man who doesn't enjoy the great outer doors is missing out on the real reason we NEED to fish. Everyone be safe in this cold weather and most of all,take time to enjoy the the opportunities when you get them......crappie1133
    very well said and as we know when I cant be out fishing. I also sit at home and reflect on my past whether it be fishing,hunting or out for a weekend drive with my wife .all things in life cant be great, but I have had my share of them and hope for more. I am 63 and hoping for several more years to enjoy life and this thing called FISHING