Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rain Gear!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rain Gear!

Has anyone ever used or is currently using rain gear called Frogg Toggs?
    If so what is your opinion of this gear.
    Thanks,Len

Post Thanks / Like

Love mine Frogg Toggs. Seen several people wearing them at Spring Fling. My are Big Orange with the volunteer lettering on them. Conner

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Len, I use Frogg Toggs ... and like Conner, I love them. If you look at the 2004 Spring Fling Big Fish picture posted here (now on page two) you will see that I am still wearing mine for the picture taking session. This occurred about an hour after the tournament was over and the rains had ceased - the sun is out and everyone else is running around in short sleeves.....LOL!! Breathable .... you bet !! Water PROOF ... absolutely ! Light ... like a feather.
    Just be aware that Frogg Toggs are not made to withstand sharp edges or pointy objects .... they will tear. I was wearing mine, while bank fishing a few years ago, and fell on some slippery rocks ... right on my bum !! I tore a hole in the "seat" seam ... but a piece of duct tape on the inside and a light bead of super glue on the tear, and I've had no leakage.
    I suggest trying on a pair (for sizing) if possible ... and buying them slightly large, to go over coats & PFD's. If you are in the lower range of the body sizes of a particular size of FT's listed ... you should be OK with that size. But if you are in the upper range of body size range for that particular model "size" ... then you might want to consider going to the next size up. They are made a little large and loose - but you don't really want a tight fit ... it restricts your movement and strains the fabric.
    I also suggest (and have/and use) that you purchase a pair of "Totes" (rubber pull-over boots) if you're like me, and fish in "tennis shoes" or other non-water proof type shoes.
    I also use my Frogg Toggs as a "wind shield" ... putting on the top (or both pieces) when running down the lake in the cool/cold mornings of early Spring or in the Fall. The FT's will block any wind from coming thru your clothes and keep you warmer - I wear mine over my "Chiller Killer" snowmobile suit. It also helps keep you dry (and thus warmer) in the event of wave "spray" coming over the gunnels while running on windy days or choppy water.
    You may already have a place in mind to purchase your FT's from, and if it is a local "mom/pop" business - then, if you decide to buy a set, I certainly agree with supporting local businesses ... especially good ones. If you don't have such a place ... you can search on Google and do some price comparisons. ...........luck2ya .............cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rain Gear!!

Thanks guys for the info on FT's.
    I am going to order a set from Bass Pro

Len

strat195 Guest

Thumbs up froggs toggs

i have a pair and like them accept the strap on overalls comes loose.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Love them!

I have two pair of them, but mine are pants and pull-over jacket style. They are awesome on rainy days, but I also wear mine for windy days. It cuts a chilly wind better than anything else I've tried.

Jeannie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie
    I have two pair of them, but mine are pants and pull-over jacket style. They are awesome on rainy days, but I also wear mine for windy days. It cuts a chilly wind better than anything else I've tried.

Jeannie

Thanks for the information.

Len

Post Thanks / Like

I am a large guy - 6' 3" & over 300lbs. I have the largest set Frogg Toggs makes. I too have ripped the butt by sliding on a sharp edge while sitting. I wish they made the jackets longer, and with some pockets for things like Crappie nibbles. I have had mine for about 1 1/2 yrs & have really given them some abuse on the tournament trails. They are wearing out on the tops of the thighs and the fibers from this can be annoying. I really like how light weight they are, & have even wore them at the Classic for the CAST Association last year in 95 degree heat(mine are the White/Grey color). They did help to keep me cooler than I would have been without them. If they fit better(longer tops), I would probably buy another set. <,"}/>{ Rippa
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 06-09-2004 at 05:14 PM.
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids