Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Crappie Tactic - XUL

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Crappie Tactic - XUL

First let me say: Keith S10, backtocrappie, DrPep, etc. , no problem! I don't care if you moved a couple of my OT threads? I don't even like Bill Maher! I was just yappin' like I usually do! LOL Please don't take me seriously?

New Crappie Tactic - Extreme Ultra Lite spin!

All the internet fishing sites have big sales now, and most have free shipping! I love NanoFil, and I just went down to 2 lb test. That's .002 diameter with no memory. A tiny 1/64 oz jig falls as fast as a 1/16 oz with a heavy 6 lb mono line.

I also stocked up on some Gulp Alive 1" minnows, a sink tip line for my fly rod, some tiny jigheads, and some small Gammy scud hooks for drop shotin'.

I fished from shore today with a couple friends and used a slip float with a Gulp minnow. I caught a few, and tomorrow I'll try my float tube with this thin line and tiny baits.

Nice weather for two more days, then the killer cold arrives!

Tight Lines,

Santa dropped off some early Christmas crappie stuff:

my deep water crappie rig, and my XUL crappie rig:

Post Thanks / Like

I do well with the 1" fish fry and the 1" minnows haven't had a chance to try the nanofil line but think I eventually will nice baits!

Post Thanks / Like

2 pound nanofil is bold even for crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I too am a ultralight fan. Mainly for bluegill and the 2# nanofil is great. Try a trout mini magnet head with a gulp maggot fished under an tippet indicator float. What fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Those mini magnets are a pain to even rig on the hook wish I hadn't bought the kit... Lol I use the trout magnets a lot tho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    Those mini magnets are a pain to even rig on the hook wish I hadn't bought the kit... Lol I use the trout magnets a lot tho
    Va,

Or you can make your own? Use any size and style hook you like, and put a tungsten bead on. You can finish the nymph and put the gulp on also, or just leave it plain (a hook with a bead).

I love the mini magnets, like Iuka mentioned, even the regular mini magnet split tail plastic!

Post Thanks / Like

They work no doubt I just have problems threading them on the hook straight.... I want it to look really straight so it annoys me lol... I've used them under a normal trout magnet and caught trout on them... Never used them for bluegill but I am sure they would be lights out