Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fall crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Default fall crappie!

I've been catching good fish lately on my local lake, Badin vertical jigging over brush, but the last couple trips it's like the fish have just abandoned the brush with very few in it and only caught a few the last couple trips. I've caught fish good in the winter before jigging over brush and in brush, but within a week the fish just left. I've tried all over the lake and it has happened on a lot of different piles. My theory is that the fish have just moved to open water, but with a lot of leaves and trash on the water it makes it hard to longline for them. Anybody else ever encountered this and what did you do to find them? The water temp is in the low to mid 50's and the water is pretty clear too. usually once the fish get in the brush they stay there but this is weird! Thanks fellas! Tight lines!

Post Thanks / Like

Find the shad, find the slabs. Transition time. They may be suspending on the ledges or still in the same haunts just moved out a little or maybe a little deeper. Just my .02

Post Thanks / Like

check the creek channels or the bends in the channels.my fish just moved from the creek channels to the bush.

2000 ProCraft 210 SuperPro DC w/Merc 250 ProXB
    Hi-Tek rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappa View Post
    find the shad, find the slabs. Transition time. They may be suspending on the ledges or still in the same haunts just moved out a little or maybe a little deeper. Just my .02
    x2.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

The crappie here in PA seem to stay in the deepest water all day, and only move to the shallow shoreline for a half hour before dark! The "bite time" only lasts a short time when you fish the shallows?

I purchased a fish finder, and I keep track of the crappie all year in a couple lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

I cant imagine that they went far from those piles. First break and any other irregularities close to them is where i would start.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellas. Going to give them a try this weekend and see what I can find. I doubt they went far either. I think they are suspended over open water. The ledges near the piles aren't showing much signs of fish at all. If the leaves would get off the water I would longline the coves the brush was in. Hopefully they'll start acting right again soon!!