Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: place to shoot for free?

Post Thanks / Like

Default place to shoot for free?

At one point, I had come across an area where you could shoot clay for free...basically an open field area you could shoot at...Just provide your own guns, ammo, and targets. It was in the Smithville (northland) area.

Problem is now I can't find the information! Anybody have any help?? I'm not talking about the pay ranges like Parma or Blue Springs - and am not talking about the actual trap shooting range at Smithville - this is basically an unmanned place. The MDOC site doesn't list Clay County as having one though??

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We have one down here just outside Clinton. Have you tried the MO conversation website? You may also call the county office for more info. The office here in Clinton has the maps for each conservation area.

Post Thanks / Like

You could call the MDC in Clay County, or search their website for shootiing ranges

Shotgun/Archery free range

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooops....sorry to post the same info Jared just put up

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about smithville. I've lived here for over 25 years and know if nothing. But there is one at platte falls in platte city

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just don't target practice on the public hunting ground at Smithville. I found out with flashing lights behind my truck that was illegal.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a free shotgun range on Platte Falls at Platte City. It's off HH east of Platte City. HH is the first exit off I-29, north of hwy 92. You can shoot trap or pattern your turkey gun. Just remember to pick up you empties. It's an unmanned range and is shotgun only.
    Likes Hookin'&Cookin' LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Keeferfish just can't find a decent place to shoot his "ak-benelli-uzi-winchester-glock-chaindrive multiple barrelled machine gun"!!!!!!
    I believe in catch and release.....right into the grease!!!!!