Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy Attach Slip Float

Post Thanks / Like

Default Easy Attach Slip Float

Seems like I saw an ad sometime back for a slip float that was easily attached after you already had the hooks and sinker on it could be opened up and put on the line at any time. I have had heart atacks and other problems so don't laugh if this is something my foggy mind has just conjured up. I would like to have a few of those around if i could find them, that is if they really make them. Does anyone know what I am talking about or do i need more rest? lol Thanks, Speck, "The Old Speckulater"

PGottshall Guest

Not sure this is what you're looking for:

IceBuster Bobber

Paul

North_Ms_Crappies Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Speck
    Seems like I saw an ad sometime back for a slip float that was easily attached after you already had the hooks and sinker on it could be opened up and put on the line at any time. I have had heart atacks and other problems so don't laugh if this is something my foggy mind has just conjured up. I would like to have a few of those around if i could find them, that is if they really make them. Does anyone know what I am talking about or do i need more rest? lol Thanks, Speck, "The Old Speckulater"

Sounds like a great slip bobber hope you figure out where to buy them.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Slip bobbers

Quote Originally Posted by North_Ms_Crappies
    Walmart has the ones you're talking about. They come in a 3 pack. The plastic tube has a slot in it and the cork does too. Line them up, put your line in, and rotate the cork half a turn. You still need to have your bobber stop on the line before you put your hook and shots on.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default North MS Crappies

Do you live in the MS Delta? If so, are you close to Rosedale?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

North_Ms_Crappies Guest

I live in tippah county which is in north central mississippi if that makes any sense, I live very close to the tenn ms border. Im about a hour from memphis tenn.

Post Thanks / Like

Default N Ms

I live in tippah county which is in north central mississippi if that makes any sense, I live very close to the tenn ms border. Im about a hour from memphis tenn.

I live in VA but we have a duck camp on the MS River due S of Memphis about 1 1/2 hrs. I fish some on the oxbow lakes in that area.

North_Ms_Crappies Guest

Cool bet the fishing and duck hunting is great ive always wanted to lease a duck huntinng pit in that area just never got to it i guess.I bet those are the same oxbows bill dance fishes.Huge bass and crappie.You ever caught much there?

Post Thanks / Like

Default N Ms

Cool bet the fishing and duck hunting is great ive always wanted to lease a duck huntinng pit in that area just never got to it i guess.I bet those are the same oxbows bill dance fishes.Huge bass and crappie.You ever caught much there?
    I've heard that Bill D. fishes the same ones but I've never seen him. The fishing is great on Beulah Lake, Lake Whittington, Benoit and others. We also fish the Ms. & AK Rivers. I personally don't enjoy that as much as fishing the lakes. Getting too old for the Big River..lol...

Four years ago we had a motor failure crossing the MS at the mouth of the AK. Trying to cross with just a trolling motor, in the dark, with barges stirring up the water is scary. The next day we bought a Honda 130 for the duck boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Don:

Lee Roy, my mentor, fished Mississippi oxbow lakes in that area all his life - still does once in a while. He took me on a trip there several years ago to show me all his old haunts. The river was up pretty high so we didn't catch a lot of fish but I enjoyed it anyway - call it our "Huckleberry Fin Trip".

We fished Whittington, Chico, Leland Chute, Paradise and several others. Paradise was real interesting - a beautiful, clear lake in an island out in the Mississippi river.

Going across the Mississippi in his 16-foot flat bottom with a 28 Johnson, dodging the barges was interesting too.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast