PDA

View Full Version : Good buck...

arkcrappie
12-01-2013, 07:09 PM
A week ago Saturday I saw a good buck from my deer stand. Told my buddy about it and asked if he would like to shoot it. I figured it was around 135". He wanted to shoot the deer since he had never killed anything that big. I took him Wednesday to my stand and we waited the deer out. 6 minutes before shooting time was over, the buck stepped out. It's a main frame 10 point with 4 extra points. Gross green score was 150 3/8.

RCC
12-01-2013, 07:35 PM
That's an awesome thing to do for a friend...ole friend:biggrin Great deer.

arkcrappie
12-01-2013, 07:55 PM
RCC, I will never see a bigger smile or have anyone more thankful than he was. I enjoyed sitting there with him and watching him shoot. It was a great day for sure

arkansasbowhunter
12-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Nice deer. I too enjoy the hunt even when my buds get a deer I scoped out. Not many folks can do that as greed sets in. Congrats to you both .

MEATGETTER
12-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Good job!!!!!!! !

NIMROD
12-02-2013, 06:26 AM
What a good story, most folks don't pass off deer of that caliber to even their kids.

Hammer Head
12-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Don't care what all them other guys say about you. You a hell of a guy. I'm off in a couple weeks if you see any more big uns.

hawgdog
12-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Ole buddy Ole pal :)

Great story Kent.... Dont let Hammerhead fool ya... He has taken me the last few years on his lease and i have killed my biggest deer outta his stand.

arkcrappie
12-04-2013, 07:16 AM
I'm not so sure I did such a good thing by letting him shoot that deer. I enjoyed watching him, he is still excited and already has the deer at Piggott at the taxidermist, but I heard my wife mumble something about I never did that for her and she hasn't spoken to me since Thanksgiving................. :dono

It sure has been nice and quiet around the house :Rofl

hawgdog
12-04-2013, 07:20 AM
hummmmmmmmmmmmmm.......I gotta try that :biggrin
I'm not so sure I did such a good thing by letting him shoot that deer. I enjoyed watching him, he is still excited and already has the deer at Piggott at the taxidermist, but I heard my wife mumble something about I never did that for her and she hasn't spoken to me since Thanksgiving................. :dono

Crappie Greg
12-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Nice one!!!

BigRiverMarine
12-05-2013, 09:08 AM

Lucky You!!! I gotta try that one. I just don't know where a deer that size is!!! My daughter killed mine. ;-)